Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Muse

• 17-06-2007 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭

Just back form treking over to Wembley, was AMAZING.
    Anyone else go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Yes, it was savage. Loved every bit of it, best show I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Am i the only one whos a little fed up with Muse?
    I loved the first couple of albums, and many parts of the third one, but i just dont like the new stuff, its almost muse "lite".

their live shows are something else though, definetly worth going to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

seen them in november and i will be seeing them again in few weeks in belguim, theyre live shows kick ass. id say wembley was pretty cool for the concert, a futuristic looking stadium to suit they're crazy light show and mad lyrics about aliens on they're new material!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i like their new stuff as much as i like their old stuff, opening with knights of cydonia was amazing, the tier i was on was shaking from jumping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MetalMaiden

Eirebear wrote:
    I loved the first couple of albums, and many parts of the third one, but i just dont like the new stuff, its almost muse "lite".

It's true - some of Black Holes and Revelations was Muse lite, but I don't think you can say that about songs like Take a Bow or Assassins.

Omg I would have loved to have been at Wembley! Was watching it on youtube and it looked amazing. Saw them in November and I don't think I'll ever go to a better concert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Big thread about it in Gigs/Events.

Looked absolutely amazing. Really hope they have those big satellite/spotlights in Belgium. Looked amazing. AFAIK, they were recording the shows for a dvd. Hopefully its true, and hopefully they put a huge amount of songs on it, and not skip the rarities such as Unintended or Microcuts. Love the entrance thing, walking the huge way in the middle of the crowd. Wish I coulda gone.

yeah only noticed that thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Eirebear wrote:

Yeah, i loved showbiz, OOS, even had Hullabaloo, some of absolution was great, but alot of it was pure cack, and everything ive heard off BHAR has been utter filth. It astounds me that it seems to be the album thats gotten them really big, as its easily thier crappiest.
    I remember people comparting knights of cydonia to citizen erased as being THE BIG TRACK off the album, so i hunted it down, and to say i was disappointed is an understatement. KOC isnt fit to lick citizen erased's boots.

BHaR isnt their worst album IMO, Absolution is. Then in saying that, its tough to decide, cos their are some great moments on it. KoC is epic in its own way, much better than a lot of their other songs, definately the best on that album, great song live. The whole galloping drums thing really does it for me. Although, yet again, nothing can compare to Citizen Erased. It has everything: heavy guitars, high-pitched voice, piano, amazing sounding drums.

I dont know, I just cant get sick of them. Matt is one of the best musicians of this time, backed up by two other very able(to say the least) players who contribute to form one hell of an epic sound. for a three-piece, they do kick a hell of a lot more *** than other bands. And needless to say their live shows(nicely put back on topic here:p)...well, let wembley-goers be the judge of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

0ubliette wrote:
    I remember people comparting knights of cydonia to citizen erased as being THE BIG TRACK off the album, so i hunted it down, and to say i was disappointed is an understatement. KOC isnt fit to lick citizen erased's boots.
    Agreed.

Absolution has it's moments, great moments in fact, yet much of it isn't so great. BHAR, however, has no really great moments. To me, KoC sounds like a band trying to be something they're not and failing. I like Take a Bow though, it's my favourite song off that album right now.

Still, as long as they play a generous amount of oldies(are they playing Citizen Erased again yet?? Please say they are!), their show should kick ass in Werchter.

• Advertisement

excuse me? no great moments? EXO-POLITICS!!!!!!!! its soooo good, they didnt play it though, supermassive black hole, starlight (live it is soooooo good)
    and who says absolution isnt good, what about the immortal time is running out, time is running out, hysteria, thoughts of a dying athiest, fair enought theres a few songs i dont like but theres so much good in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

As I read this a MUSE song came on in a TV show, Super Massive Black Hole. haha, it's a but overused but I still like it.

Really wish I could have gone to this. Damn Leaving Cert! I saw them in Nov. and they were amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Saw the wembley pics, it looked amazing! I would have gone in a flash if I had the money :(
    Fad wrote:
    and who says absolution isnt good, what about the immortal time is running out, time is running out, hysteria, thoughts of a dying athiest

So good you named it twice :D I love Absolution, it and OoS are constantly switching around in my top 2, BHAR is 3rd, then Showbiz. Citizen Erased is monster!

JC 2K3, they only played CE on the Saturday at Wembley. They playing other festivals, and it hasnt appeared on any other setlist:eek:. That is bad news alright. But then again, they playing Microcuts again, which would be incredible. Could ya imagine if they came out with Showbiz there <insert any relevent smiley, dont think they've created a suitable one for the greatness of the occassion>.

Fad, with ya there on Exo-Politics. Really good stuff. Heres hoping for Belgium now.

OctivarIan has summed up Citizen Erased the best so far: monster! Too true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

I re listened to KOC and i guess its nto as bad as i originally thought, i like it, but its still nowhere near as good as some of thier old stuff. I watched assassin live on youtube, and it kicks arse, but the feeling i get from bhar is much the same as absolution, 50% gold, 50% ****e.

YAYAYAYAYAYAY some one agreed with me, *jumps*
    anyone see the actual gig tickets?, they we sooo cool

0ubliette wrote:
    I re listened to KOC and i guess its nto as bad as i originally thought, i like it, but its still nowhere near as good as some of thier old stuff. I watched assassin live on youtube, and it kicks arse, but the feeling i get from bhar is much the same as absolution, 50% gold, 50% ****e.

Yeah, agree with ya here on your last line. Maybe not to a 50% ratio(or whatever term you wanna call it, I'm rushing now). Hoodoo, Soldiers Poem, City of Delusion(kinda)...just dont make good listening for me. Assassin is just heavy...and brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Fad wrote:
    excuse me? no great moments? EXO-POLITICS!!!!!!!! its soooo good, they didnt play it though, supermassive black hole, starlight (live it is soooooo good)
    I thought Exo-Politics and Supermassive Black Hole were boring tbh, and Starlight rates alongside some of the worst utter turd I've heard coming from any band this decade.

Pfish, starlight was one of my least favourite when i first heard it, but then it grew on me, and Live its amazing, the clapping along with the drums (while that being nothing new it still sounds cool) makes it even better

Advertisement