Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCOUNTING higher level predictions

Options
  • 17-06-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

I'd put money on:

Q2/3/4 Revaluation, Club a/c, Debtor's control

Q5 Interpretation

Q6/7 Incomplete recs (balance sheet method) and EITHER Published a/c's or Suspense (again). Not sure on the second 100m question

Q8 Stock Valuation and Product costing (part a and b)

Q9 Cash budget

Could be completely wrong though :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

Don't think there is any chance of suspense as 100m.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Don't count it out! Suspense is one of those questions that comes up less than every 2 years, they might just stick it on because any teacher/lecturer/revision day coordinator that ive heard says to leave out suspense.. Could be a shock like farm accounts last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Cash Flow at 100 marks could come up if they play a wildcard. It hasn't appeared since 1998 I think, certainly not in the last 5 years anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Shaner-B

i'd say company final accounts -section 1

incomplete A/B and interpretation of accounts -section 2

stock & product costing -section 3

well thats what i'm hoping will come up judging from exam patterns its likely! although im sure they'll throw a spanner in the works! i'll see 2m i guess!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭persian

Quick question - 2001 service,how do you get 90000 for dep on equipment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

if suspense comes up i will die !!! i dont think it will!! Published wont come up !! it has been on the last 3 years as 100mk and 60mrks!

if suspense comes up i will die !!! i dont think it will!! Published wont come up !! it has been on the last 3 years as 100mk and 60mrks!
    Fully agree, neither will be on.

incomplete and service/cashflow.club is gonna be 6 and 7 , company final and stock valuations and product costing

hey just wondering will i lose many marks for not having correct headings for q 1 and cash flow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

There are no specific marks allocated to them but if you're going for an A they will take marks from you if you don't have proper headings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

they are defo gonna screw us and throw in something like a farm account I hate gambling!

Farm account won't be a 100m. It has never been and it was a 60 last year. I don't think there is enough in the question and many people might not be able to decide on how to apportion items ie with the terminology.

Is there anyone studying marginal costing? Seen as it was on last year and there have never been repeats I have left it, we only did a class on it. I have just done job and product costing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Ravelleman wrote:
    Cash Flow at 100 marks could come up if they play a wildcard. It hasn't appeared since 1998 I think, certainly not in the last 5 years anyway.
    Is that the one where you need to determine operating profit from the balance sheet?

Is that the one where you need to determine operating profit from the balance sheet?
    Yeah that's it.

Advertisement