Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows install problem

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Voipjunkie

Tusky wrote:
    These were my three options.

-Floppy
    -DVD Drive
    -FT TX ARY1

thats fine presuming FT TX ARY1 refers to your hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Voipjunkie wrote:
    thats fine presuming FT TX ARY1 refers to your hd

Could it be the hard drive ? I have no idea what it is.

Tusky wrote:
    Could it be the hard drive ? I have no idea what it is.

yeah it is the HD

Voipjunkie wrote:
    yeah it is the HD

Ive been away for the weekend so havent had a chance to try anything. If the hard drive is showing up in the bios, does that not mean the the drivers are installed ? Dont want to take the floppy drive out of this pc and put it in problem pc if I dont have to.

Tusky wrote:
    Ive been away for the weekend so havent had a chance to try anything. If the hard drive is showing up in the bios, does that not mean the the drivers are installed ? Dont want to take the floppy drive out of this pc and put it in problem pc if I dont have to.

Bios has nothing to do with the drivers for XP just because it is in the bios does not mean that windows can see it or access it

• Advertisement

Ok I tried it with each stick of RAM separately but I got the same error message about the hard drive. I dont have any floppy discs so may have to pick one up tomorrow.

If I just bought a new hard drive and put it in, would that solve the problem ? I dont have the time to try and fix it myself...maybe computer doctor should be contacted!

Tusky wrote:
    Ok I tried it with each stick of RAM separately but I got the same error message about the hard drive. I dont have any floppy discs so may have to pick one up tomorrow.

If I just bought a new hard drive and put it in, would that solve the problem ? I dont have the time to try and fix it myself...maybe computer doctor should be contacted!

If you use an IDE drive that would solve it Just putting in a different sata will make no difference

Why don't you just try selling the PC as is obviously you are not going to get as much for it but it might be cheaper than paying computer doctor

(or you could offer me a substantial sum of money lol)

Voipjunkie wrote:
    If you use an IDE drive that would solve it Just putting in a different sata will make no difference

Why don't you just try selling the PC as is obviously you are not going to get as much for it but it might be cheaper than paying computer doctor

(or you could offer me a substantial sum of money lol)

Will an IDE Hd work with the motherboard though ? Im selling it to friend so want to sell it in working order! A new 160gb hard drive will only be around 70 euro if bought online. No idea how much computer doctor charge.

I'll give you 50 euro if you can fix it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

I have checked your manual from Asus , in this case ....
    There should be no need to install the raid drivers from floppy for an XP install( note: raid drivers only enable raid features , they do not activate serial ATA .... not on this board anyway.)

And also , just in case , the XP version must be at least service pack one for SATA to work , if the XP version is not service pack 1 or later then that could also be the problem ( not likely as the XP version would have to be very old for this to be the case)

It very much sounds like the serial ATA is disabled , this feature is in the bios under the " Onboard Devices configuration " and the item you are looking for is " Onchip Sata Boot Rom" , it can be enabled or disabled , and in your case obviously this should be enabled.

Its on page 89 of the motherboard manual.

Go into the bios , find that item , enable it , press F10 and choose yes to save and exit , and then try the install again.

Advertisement