Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website under construction

Options
  • 17-06-2007 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Just wanted peoples opinoins on my site, i'm currently in the process of transferring it from just a messy nothing to my personal site.

I would like to hear everyones opinions, so i can make changes as i go along, before making the job final. so note that its not finished yet

:)

www.paulsnet.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

no idea what to say really ...

don't like the adverts ... on a personal page ... makes a personal page feel commercial ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Install a blog and stick your mug on the website???
    Besides from that, look at other people's personal sites and take inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Agreed. It looks pretty poor. Download WordPress and choose a nice theme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

What experience will you learn from putting up a word press install and using someone else's experience. Half the fun is putting your own website together.

Although if the website and design is critical for a user, they're better off going with something more effective such as wordpress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bluenarf

if i wanted a pro website, i would pay a pro to do it.
    as for the mug, the website aint finished yet.
    but i want to experiment, conding all my own stuff, whats the point in having a hobby website, if all i do is install wordpress? no skill there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

And where did anyone say, install wordpress and don't do anything else??
    You can do whatever you want, create your own image gallery, cms, throw a blog up there, some api's of sorts.

nobody said anything about only putting up wordpress. But i want to do things by hand. sure it may look crap, but i'm not a designer!!

i just enjoy working with applications, and developing them..so its just to give my server sopmthing to do really :)

After the hundreds of, dis-heartening comments, i picked up my camera, and went ut looking for insparation, and since then, i have completly re-designed my site, this time using all my own grapcs, with a theme. home the comments arent as bad this time around.

paul.
    www.paulsnet.org

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Adverts gone I see ... quite happy now :)

As for wanting to do things yourself .. I can understand that ... wordpress can be quite nice though ... lots of plugins to fiddle with as well ... so thats something to think about

Advertisement