Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php - msn intergration

Options
  • 17-06-2007 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Ok, i am setting up my personal website, and would like to be able to add my msn status, i.e: i can tell people if i'm there or not.

I really am at a loss of how to do this with php. i am quite fluent in php, but know nothing about opening sokats or sending/recieving info on ports.

from my small knowledge i would think you could log into a .net server using php, and if that username u used to log in had only 1 friend mabye it could be simple.. the system could be put on a cron, because it would be very slow if each user had to wait for the php engine to login to msn. so it will run on a cron, and update a database.

hope someone can help.

Paul.
    www.paulsnet.org

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Have you considered meebo?
    A friend of mine uses it. Instead of using Windows Live Messenger, you login to Meebo, which lets you login to MSN, AIM, Yahoo and so on. It updates a flash you can hotlink to your website that informs people of your online presence. Furthermore, they can talk to you from the swf itself...

I've PM'd you my friend's URL, so you can look for yourself.
    Best of luck,
    Steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bluenarf

that is a very good system, but is there any way i can have a widget to go to my windows live messenger?

Advertisement