Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COPA AMERICA - who you on ?

Options
  • 18-06-2007 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭

Quick shake-down of events ............

Duration : june 26th .-. july 15th

tournament lay-out: Comprises of 12 teams, split up into 3 groups.

HOST : Venezuela

Competitors: Group A - Uraguay , Peru, Venezuela,Bolivia.
    GroupB - Ecuador, Chile, Brazil, Mexico
    Group c - Paraguay, Columbia, Argentina, Usa.

Qualifying conditions: Top 2 teams from each group,..along with the 2 highest 3rd place teams.

Fixtures: Group A
    June 26 Uruguay v Peru (Merida)
    June 26 Venezuela v Bolivia (San Cristobal)
    June 30 Bolivia v Uruguay (San Cristobal)
    June 30 Venezuela v Peru (San Cristobal)
    July 3 Peru v Bolivia (Merida)
    July 3 Venezuela v Uruguay (Merida)

Group B
    June 27 Ecuador v Chile (Puerto Ordaz)
    June 27 Brazil v Mexico (Puerto Ordaz)
    July 1 Brazil v Chile (Maturin)
    July 1 Mexico v Ecuador (Maturin)
    July 4 Mexico v Chile (Puerto La Cruz)
    July 4 Brazil v Ecuador (Puerto La Cruz)

Group C
    June 28 Paraguay v Colombia (Maracaibo)
    June 28 Argentina v United States (Maracaibo)
    July 2 United States v Paraguay (Barinas)
    July 2 Argentina v Colombia (Maracaibo)
    July 5 Colombia v United States (Barquisimeto)
    July 5 Argentina v Paraguay (Barquisimeto)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

MY TIP

PARAGUAY:
    Heart and soul. Nothing drives a team further than will and motivation, and Paraguay has both.
    New coach Martino picks the following squad,... of which ,4players will be left aside:
    Villar (Newell's Old Boys), Bobadilla (Boca Juniors), Zayas (Bolivar); Veron (Pumas), Da Silva (Toluca), Julio Caceres (Tigres), Caniza (Atlas), Manzur (Guarani), Maldonado (Napoli), Morel Rodriguez (Boca Juniors), Aguilar (Sportivo Luqueno), Victor Caceres (Libertad); Barreto, Bonet, Riveros (both Libertad), Vera (Liga Deportiva Universitaria), Torres (San Lorenzo), Salcedo, Gonzalez (Cerro Porteno), Montiel (Udinese), Santana (Wolfsburg), Dos Santos (Bayern Munich); Cuevas, Cabanas (America), Cardozo (Newell's Old Boys), Lopez (Crotone), Santa Cruz (Bayern Munich).

Paraguay played a 1-0 win against Mexico last week, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSOaGAmbkJo ) and drew against Austria . they have a fantastic style of play and exciting to watch !! 3 strikers up front usually.

ODDS : 25/1 is the best from any bookmaker, but going to the exchanges, Paraguay can be backed @ a whooping 70/1 on Betfair.

They will play in a favourable group which should at least see them a healthy 2nd or 3rd.

They play Argentina last,... when Argentina should have already qualified.

They also play USA who will have just finished the GOLD CUP tourney... which is the priority tournament to them. Usa had declined to take thier position in the Copa America tournament initially.

With a weakened Brazil team ,.. in a tough group, the chances of Brazil failing to dominate their group will see the odds shorten dramatically for the weaker nations.

Man to watch is Oscar Cordoza , Newell Ol' Boys !!!!
    Paraguay play a friendly against Bolivia during the week,..could be a guide to the performance of their selected team .

TIT-BITS: The world class Ronaldinho and Kaka are not in Brazil's line-up this tourney,.... on their own request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

Im going for Uruguay e/w at 14/1 in Boyles. Provided Brazil and Argentina win their groups they wont meet until the final. Forlan and Recoba up front will be a handful for any defence and they only missed out on the world cup by a peno shootout with Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I think taking Paraguay, and laying them off in the knockout stages looks to be the one to go for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Im going for Uruguay e/w at 14/1 in Boyles. Provided Brazil and Argentina win their groups they wont meet until the final. Forlan and Recoba up front will be a handful for any defence and they only missed out on the world cup by a peno shootout with Australia.

uraguay are 10/1 boyles, 11/1 betfair.. no 14/1 available anywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

• Advertisement

zuutroy wrote:
    I think taking Paraguay, and laying them off in the knockout stages looks to be the one to go for.

yeah,......thats the most profitable looking bet i can see.
    You hope and pray for Brazil to falter, they should be playing with a lot of "domestic" players, i.e players from the Brazilian league.
    stranger things have happened !!

Paraguay are currently @ 75's ........ asking for 80, could be a good time to buy.
    surely if they beat Bolivia they will drop below 70's ??????

they play at home against Bolivia tomorrow (tuesday) in a friendly,.....
    im thinking,.. if Ireland B-side can draw in America against Bolivia, then Paraguay at home should thrash them 2, or 3 nil ????
    Prices are determined largely by form , and your last game rates highest when looking at form.
    If Paraguay thrash Bolivia, then i'll clear out the entire 70's on Betfair.

Good thread lads. I just got a token bet on Paraguay at 75. Can see some tired mornings in work next week. :(

Sky showing the following so far :

Wednesday 27th June
    Football 23:30 Sky Sports 1 Ecuador v Chile
    Thursday 28th June
    Football 01:45 Sky Sports 1 Brazil v Mexico
    Football 23:30 Sky Sports 1 Paraguay v Colombia
    Friday 29th June
    Football 01:45 Sky Sports 1 Argentina v USA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭p.u.d.z.e.r.

Well feck that anyway, myself and my mate were looking at oddschecker last friday night and Boyles were definitely quoting 14/1 about Uruguay. Il probably just do them on bf for an interest. I like the k.o times, Friday 01:45 Sky Sports 1 Argentina v USA is a standout.

You can watch the Paraguay game live against Bolivia here :
    http://myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14167

its actually at a nuetral venue i think ..........

at 12 o clock tomorrow night

• Advertisement

Fair play BH, I can now lay off Paraguay for a free bet of €551 post-comm, price is now 40back50lay.

Not going to get out, mind you, going to wait til at least the outcome of tonight's friendly, which you would have to fancy Paraguay to win. Game is in Bolivia by the way, but Santa Cruz; the city with the altitude controversy is La Paz. Paraguay 2.6 for peanuts on betfair.

Anybody who took my tip,...........

Lay off now.
    Paraguay are 40 on betfair.
    they are begging for 50,............

best o luck,
    B-Hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

What was your tip? Back them at 75s? :(

well,....im thinking of laying , i think the price will rise again,.... so i will re-back them @65's which i think is a fair and decent price.

i took 100E on...... them 45E @75 and 55E@80 on betfair have sold between 70 + 65 . will watch the game now on the link...

B-hop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Plump for Mexico. The big teams don't always dominmate this tournament and I could easily see them beating a weakened Brazil side. According to football manager, there keeper is world class. It's worth a small one anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Bubs101 wrote:
    Plump for Mexico. The big teams don't always dominmate this tournament and I could easily see them beating a weakened Brazil side. According to football manager, there keeper is world class. It's worth a small one anyway

Not a hope in hell. They have somehow managed to get to the semi-final stage in the Gold Cup despite the fact that they have been misfiring the whole way. They have some good players who are playing in Europe but I think in this case its their manager who is out of his depth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

just read this thread now - missed out on the paraguay tip

lastest odds with pp:

Argentina 11 - 8 Colombia 20 - 1 Ecuador 40 - 1
    Brazil 15 - 8 Venezuela 20 - 1 USA 40 - 1
    Mexico 10 - 1 Paraguay 25 - 1 Peru 66 - 1
    Uruguay 10 - 1 Chile 33 - 1 Bolivia 150 - 1

somebody's gone mad at betfair,.......... they're offering great prices now,...just got Ecuador @ 280 ,..... Peru @220 ,....etc.

Peru are great Value here,.... they're stil @ 220 ! the highest odds yet

anybody take Peru @ 220 last night,...........????????

they are begging for 95 on betfair now,........ sell up !!!

sell fora healthy profit on ecuador too,...... asking 170's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

anybody take Peru @ 220 last night,...........????????

they are begging for 95 on betfair now,........ sell up !!!

Hope someone backed them at 220

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

What sort of profit do you make in the Peru trade for example? i.e. buying at 220 and selling at 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

What sort of profit do you make in the Peru trade for example? i.e. buying at 220 and selling at 30.

Example:

Back 100 at 220......Lay 733 at 30 to give yourself a guaranteed profit of just over 600 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Nice little earner that :cool:

Have a look at Argentina,......... they are 2.1 on betfair,...... whilst they are 2.2 at a whole heap of bookmakers !!!!

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/internationals/copa-america/win-market

if that isnt an over-reaction then i dont know what is !!!!
    They havent even kicked a ball yet !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Argentina are 5-6 with a 1 goal handicap for the USA match
    Outstanding price considering they are playing against the USA b team
    who have just finished another tournament less than 10 days ago.
    Plus the Argentina team is loaded to the gills with attacking players
    Can see they winning by at least 3 clear goals
    Hopefully will be easy money

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Went with USA +1.5 myself. Starting to regret it now. :D Still think it'll be closer than the 3 goal victory you're predicting above.

Think I'm going to stick with the over 1.5/2.5 goals for the rest of the group games.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

I'm on the Argentina to be leading by the 20th minute as 21/10 with PP - can see them putting on a bit of a show tonight...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Argentina's squad is phenomenol but when you consider that only 6 teams get knocked out in the group stages the big teams really don't have to put in that much effort. I'd be worried about this lazy attitude from the big teams so I'm avoiding bets like the 'leading at 20 minutes' one above.

Of course they could demolish the US like they did with Serbia last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭RaiseTheBlinds

Paraguay - Nice tip
    thanks you,

Pity I missed the Peru boat.

Advertisement