Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Something to connect it all

• 18-06-2007 6:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Welll basically i have to connect the following things to a television: Playstation 2, Nintendo Wii and a laptop and Obviously television aerial.

No the thing is that its quite an old televison and therfore only hasone composite input and onescar input.

Now, my question is if there is any sort of box that i could connect the 2 consoles and the laptop(with any input, either VGA or s-video) toand then plug into the back of the television.

The reason i ask is that it is a 26" television and i don't reall want to spend 600/700 a HD TV just to get inputs and i'm not spending 550 or 600 on a non hd flatscreen.

Many thanks in advance, all replies welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

You have a few options;

A multi-scart block would probably do the trick as the PS2 and Wii support scart, the laptop well it doesn't but you can buy a special converter that will turn VGA into scart but it's pricey. That setup would give you the best picture quality for all systems though it doesn't come cheap.

Next up would be a switch box like this one that could handle scart for the PS2 & Wii but it also has a s-video input so you could use the computer on that input.

On the more cheaper end of the scale a composite video switch will do but picture quality wont be great, it does have s-video for the computer (you can also get Wii/PS2 s-video cables for better picture quality but they are not so easy to acquire).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

thanks for the help.

The last solution would be perfect if it didn't plug into the composite port on the telly as this leaves no wher for the television cable to be plugged in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

the aerial doesnt go into the compisite port...
    thats co-axial

maybe go into maplins, theyve a whole load of this kind of thing starting from around 20eu.
    you can pick out exactly what you want

Advertisement