Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice, simple sauce...

• 18-06-2007 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having to really budget for the next fortnight, and can't really afford to go buying too much stuff. I have lots of rice at home, so I have my starchy base for dishes. There's a few potatoes there aswell. Some Turkey breasts in the freezer too. I don't like pasta of any description. :)

I had a look in the press last night, and found a tin of tomatoes. There's Coriander, Cumin, Rosemary, Thyme, Garlic granules, Chili powder and flakes, salt and pepper, gravy granules, Soy Sauce, tabasco, Worcester Sauce.

In the fridge there's a selection of some cheeses (I'd really like to try a cheese sauce - any simple recepies?), Dijon, milk of course, Carrots, I think.

Now, out of that little selection, can anyone see anything there?

Also. Is it ok to cook the thawed Turkey, then freeze half the dish once it's cooked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

seansouth wrote:
    In the fridge there's a selection of some cheeses (I'd really like to try a cheese sauce - any simple recepies?),

Make a roux*
    Thin down by slowly adding milk, stirring all the while.
    Flavour with some grated nutmeg (if you have it), salt & pepper
    Bung in a large handful of grated cheese.

* Melt some butter on medium heat. Add enough flour to give you a thick, pasty consistency. Fry until beginning to colour.

Advertisement