Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Downgrade Focus Interior

Options
  • 18-06-2007 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I've posted this in the general motors sections too, but as this interior looks like it belongs in a modded car I'll post here too if thats ok?

Hoping to buy a Ford Focus today, but I'm not happy with the interior. It spotless and has a lot of work put into it, but it's bright red, all colour coded and while it looks great, it would just be more suited to a young male, rather than myself, a young mother with a messy baby! :rolleyes:

My question is, do you think it would be hard to restore it to a more basic look. He has red sports seats installed, and I would gladly swap them for free for a set of original seats. There is also a lot of other little accessories that I would swap, like gear knob, and some of the air vent covers. He's colour coded the head liner red, and the door inlays so I'd probably keep them, but overall it's just a little too much red for me.

Do you think it would be a hard job to tone it down? I dont want to have to spend much money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

You might have to poke around a few scrapyards, but it shouldn't be too hard to pick up a standard Focus interior fairly cheaply. For less than you can sell the current interior anyway, if the seats are half-decent sport seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I was hoping to find someone with a focus who would want to swap some parts maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Stick a wanted post up on adverts or try a wanted swop on www.manic-motorz.com

You should be able to find someone who'l swop parts with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

be very careful swapping seats, remember you're also swapping side airbags. make certain both are exactly the same before swapping. Personally I'd leave them the way they are, or just get good seat covers.

Advertisement