Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

paddypower prem 08 odds

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭raido9

jackdaw wrote:
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet?action=go_type&category=SOCCER&disp_cat_id=&ev_class_id=50&ev_type_id=8142

a few weeks ago Chelsea were favs, now they are joint favs with united ?
    whats happened to change things ? United's good signings and Chelsea's sh*t ones ?
    Can you post up the odds. PP blocked from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Outright Betting
    Chelsea 11 - 8 Everton 300 - 1 Middlesbrough 750 - 1
    Man Utd 11 - 8 Bolton 500 - 1 Reading 1000 - 1
    Liverpool 11 - 2 Blackburn 500 - 1 Fulham 2000 - 1
    Arsenal 9 - 1 West Ham 500 - 1 Birmingham 2000 - 1
    Tottenham 100 - 1 Sunderland 500 - 1 Wigan 3000 - 1
    Newcastle 200 - 1 Man City 750 - 1 Derby 5000 - 1
    Aston Villa 300 - 1 Portsmouth 750 - 1

FYI use google translate for blocked sites ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Arsenal 9-1 is a great bet imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Derby 5000 - 1 !!!

imagine.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Reading to get relegated @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes) is a good bet imo, second season syndrome and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Any odds given on Sheff Utd???? :p:p:p

Apparently they have a good case..hahaha

Come on the hammers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Arsenal 9-1 is a great bet imo

They're 13-1 on partybets.com, who are offering better odds on nearly everyone. I got 11-1 on Real to win La Liga a few short months ago :)

Outright

Manchester Utd 2.25
    Chelsea 2.25
    Liverpool 7.50
    Arsenal 13.00
    Tottenham 101.00
    Bolton 251.00
    Aston Villa 251.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭Trampas

Unless Arsenal make some good signings they will be struggling for 4th if someone can make a break from the pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

http://www.oddschecker.com/

Great site for comparing odds.

Unless Arsenal make some good signings they will be struggling for 4th if someone can make a break from the pack

There's no denying that's a possibility, but I don't see why people think Liverpool will do better. Liverpool had vey very few injuries last season, and just barely pipped Arsenal to third. Arsenal were utterly ravaged by injuries last season. IMO, Arsenal are still ahead of Liverpool. Thing about Arsenal is, if they get going, they could win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Drogba 9-2 for top goalscorer I think I'll have a bit of that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

If Arsenal keep Henry and actually somehow make a couple of decent signings (players who are older than 14), then I think you'll see those odds drop alot.

They could be worth a punt at that price but if the squad is the same at the end of the transfer window as it is now (or worse if Henry goes and no replacement comes in like when Vieira left), then you're just throwing your money away. Also could depend on how long Ivory Coast are in the African Nations for, probably til the end unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If it was me , I'd wait and see if he's playing for Chelsea next year first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

PHB wrote:
    There's no denying that's a possibility, but I don't see why people think Liverpool will do better. Liverpool had vey very few injuries last season, and just barely pipped Arsenal to third. Arsenal were utterly ravaged by injuries last season. IMO, Arsenal are still ahead of Liverpool. Thing about Arsenal is, if they get going, they could win the league.

but they had pretty much stopped playing once they'd guaranteed a top 4 finish and the champions league run in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

sweetie wrote:
    but they had pretty much stopped playing once they'd guaranteed a top 4 finish and the champions league run in.

Yeah but they only lost two games in the last few months in the league. Generally they did a hell of a lot better at the end of the season with nothing to play for then at the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

irish1 wrote:
    Sounds good but dont forget he is heading off to the African Nations Cup and misses like a month or 2 (I think) so it really isnt that good especially with them being like one of the favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How on earth can Everton be 300-1 and Pompey 750-1?

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

because the chances of them winning are fairly marginal...

Obvious really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Its ridiculous to bet on anyone other than Utd or Chelsea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If Arsenal keep Henry and actually somehow make a couple of decent signings (players who are older than 14)
    :D lol

Why do they bother offering odds on teams outside of the top 4? Pointless really.
    Actually, at this stage it's pointless offering outside of the top 2.

• Advertisement

Rewind 12 months and everyone was predicting Chelsea to be challenged by Liverpool, with Man Utd battling for 3rd with Arsenal.

Things can change with a single signing, a single injury, a single sacking, or a single goal. I won't be placing any bets until the transfer window is closed!

Year after year after year, we keep hearing 'next year, Liverpool will challenge'. Its failed to happen, and until I see it, Im having none of it.

You miss my point. You say it's ridiculous to bet outside of Man Yoo or Chelsea, just as last year everybody was saying it'd be ridiculous to bet on Man Utd to win the league. It's early days yet to be ruling out 18 teams from winning the league!

So I cant rule out Derby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

re Archimedes post.

Quite right too, on the Everton/Pompey odds I wonder why PP would think The Toffees are better placed to win (obviously neither will) when 'arry has a better team and is clearly a better manager.

Mike.

Archimedes wrote:
    So I cant rule out Derby?

Reductio ad absurdum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The relegation odds are fairly funny. Are Liverpool really 2 and a half times more likely to be relegated than Utd and Chelsea? (2500 - 1 Vs 1000-1) and Arsenal 750-1? I wonder do they get any bets on any of th etop 4 beign relegated.

I see they are giving odds on Eto'o and Torres for top scorer.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

torres and eto'o at 14-1 for top scorer. damn they must be real good if they can score in two leagues at once :p

I don't know, I think it's a pretty damm good bet. Arsenal are only gona get stronger, people seem to think they are worse than they really are, and all the attention is focusing Liverpool so it's driving up Arsenal's odds. I'm kinda hoping that Liverpool act quickly in the transfer market, make some big name signings, and more attention gets focused on them, giving me better odds :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

mike65 wrote:
    re Archimedes post.

Quite right too, on the Everton/Pompey odds I wonder why PP would think The Toffees are better placed to win (obviously neither will) when 'arry has a better team and is clearly a better manager.

Mike.

Might be to do where they finished last year and the last few seasons finishing postions ?I think Everton finished above them most times I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

BaZmO* wrote:
    :D lol

Why do they bother offering odds on teams outside of the top 4? Pointless really.
    Actually, at this stage it's pointless offering outside of the top 2.
    Betting without the Big 4:
    Tottenham 6 - 5 Bolton 20 - 1 Middlesbrough 33 - 1
    Newcastle 6 - 1 Portsmouth 20 - 1 Birmingham 66 - 1
    Everton 7 - 1 Sunderland 25 - 1 Wigan 100 - 1
    Aston Villa 8 - 1 Man City 28 - 1 Fulham 100 - 1
    West Ham 14 - 1 Reading 28 - 1 Derby 200 - 1
    Blackburn 16 - 1
    Sunderland ew at 25/1 to finish in the top 7?
    Betting without the Big 2:
    8 - 11 West Ham 80 - 1 Man City 250 - 1
    Arsenal 5 - 4 Blackburn 100 - 1 Reading 250 - 1
    Tottenham 12 - 1 Bolton 150 - 1 Fulham 400 - 1
    Newcastle 28 - 1 Portsmouth 150 - 1 Wigan 400 - 1
    Everton 40 - 1 Middlesbrough 250 - 1 Birmingham 750 - 1
    Aston Villa 50 - 1 Sunderland 250 - 1 Derby 1000 - 1
    Win only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

PHB wrote:
    Arsenal are only gona get stronger, people seem to think they are worse than they really are, and all the attention is focusing Liverpool so it's driving up Arsenal's odds.

Well the thing with Arsenal is that its pure potential, thats all they have. Now as we all know, potential is often never fulfilled so this Arsenal side could slip quietly into obsecurity equally as much as they could trounce the league.

I agree with other posts, every year we hear the same retoric from the pool camp. "This is our year". I bet on Liverpool coming 4th last season, just missed out on that. I don't see them doing any better than 3rd in the coming year, still see them being 4th to be honest. Prepairing for the traditional March/April quotes: "if only we didn't have that bad start", "all we need is 1 more striker"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

mike65 wrote:
    I wonder why PP would think The Toffees are better placed to win when 'arry has a better team and is clearly a better manager.

Titus Bramble, thats why.

Well the thing with Arsenal is that its pure potential, thats all they have. Now as we all know, potential is often never fulfilled so this Arsenal side could slip quietly into obsecurity equally as much as they could trounce the league.

Indeed, but 13-1 to one seems like pretty good odds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭iloveireland

lay arsenal to not finish in the top 4 on betfair at 1.33/1. For example if you lay them for a tenner you only risk losing 3.33 euro. Definatly worth it.

Bolton to get relegated at 7/1

chelsea to win the league 11/8

derby to finish last 2/1 (bet of the season)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think 13-1 on Arsenal would be good if they got someone like Eto'o (although the only way that would happen is by losing Henry) but as they are, I don't think they could win the league. I think Arsenal and Chelsea will be the two worst affected by the African Nations Cup (in the top 4 anyway, Pompey might be fairly fecked as well). So, while Liverpool haven't set the transfer market alight under new ownership yet, I'd still have United favourites as well.
    But I definately wouldn't put any bets down at this stage anyway.

Out of intereset, what would happen to bets put on West Ham at this stage if the arbitration went against them and they were relegated? They'd just be voided and refunded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

ziggy67 wrote:
    100-1 bar 4 teams.

What a competitive league! :rolleyes:

The top 4 or so in any of the big leagues are much shorter odds than the rest. :rolleyes:

Stekelly wrote:
    The top 4 or so in any of the big leagues are much shorter odds than the rest. :rolleyes:

not the spanish league.

barca,real,valencia,seville,deportivo,zaragoza,villareal

any of the above could win the league next year. (maybe not deportivo,but they finished the league very well this year)

lol, Deportivo have as much chance of winning the league as West do, they finished the league very well too.

Barca, Real, Valencia and Sevilla are the only real candidates there.
    Zaragoza and Villareal are just nowhere near good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

PHB wrote:
    lol, Deportivo have as much chance of winning the league as West do, they finished the league very well too.

Barca, Real, Valencia and Sevilla are the only real candidates there.
    Zaragoza and Villareal are just nowhere near good enough.

vilareal and zaragoza have as good of a chance of winning the league as valencia or seville. I gurantee you that. Its the most open spanish league for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Betting without the big four is always a interestingway to go , and the odd's on newcastle are looking good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Agreed. It'll be very interesting to see what Allardyce does with a few £££s at his disposal.

Paddy Power gives 7 teams in La Liga odds of under 100-1, which is a fair reflection of the competitiveness of the league compared to the Premiership.

not the spanish league.

barca,real,valencia,seville,deportivo,zaragoza,villareal

any of the above could win the league next year. (maybe not deportivo,but they finished the league very well this year)

No one outside Barce, Real, Valencia ,Seville and at a long shot Villareal will win that league. Thats why Villareal are 22-1 and next is Athletico at 40's. Bookies rarely lose on these things, thats why they are rich,
    Paddy Power gives 7 teams in La Liga odds of under 100-1, which is a fair reflection of the competitiveness of the league compared to the Premiership.

Lets be honest here, outsid eth etop 4 in England and 4 or at a push 5 in spain, they may as well give odds of 100,000-1 on the rest, it just wont happen. One or at a long shot 2 of the top 4 could have a abd season (bad being anythign less than 4th, but for all 4 to play bad enough to be overtaken by a fairly average team just isnt going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Stekelly wrote:
    No one outside Barce, Real, Valencia ,Seville and at a long shot Villareal will win that league. Thats why Villareal are 22-1 and next is Athletico at 40's. Bookies rarely lose on these things, thats why they are rich

Qft.

Have you ever seen a poor bookie? Spanish league may be more competitive but outside of Depor, who other than Barca, Madrid and Valencia have won the league in the last 10 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ha, if you actually look at the Spanish league records you'll find only 9 different winners since in its 78 year history, 7 different winners since 1947. Competitive my arse.

The odds on any one of those ten winners winning it next year is probably a lot less than a team outside the top 4 in England winning it though.

Surely the football speaks for itself. With only a handful of games left, the top 4 in La Liga were at times separated by 3 points, and the top 6 by 5 or 6 points. Look at the year before, where Osasuna, with no history of success, pushed Barca for almost the whole season. Look at teams like Betis and Celta Vigo, who qualified for the Champions League in recent years and did well. In susequent seasons, such is the competitiveness of the league, they finished well down the table, and Celta Vigo, just 3 or 4 years later, have just been relegated*!

The PL is far, far more pedestrian, as recent seasons will attest.

*And not due to bankruptcy or fire-sales either!

• Advertisement
Advertisement