Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feathering for Macks

Options
  • 18-06-2007 11:18am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I find the constant casting and retrieving wearying after an hour or so..is it possible to attach feathers below a float as if you were fishing with bait?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Why not just give it a try?
    At the rate they were biting last week I'm sure that they'd still go for it.
    Maybe wait until the weather improves again though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hill Billy wrote:
    Why not just give it a try?
    At the rate they were biting last week I'm sure that they'd still go for it.
    Maybe wait until the weather improves again though.

Its pointless trying in this weather,macks hunt by sight and they cant see the bait in muddy water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Float a thin slice of mack and they will find it or just drift a slice with no weight on the hook , best done on a light rod and then you will have fun

fitzdragon wrote:
    Float a thin slice of mack and they will find it or just drift a slice with no weight or hook , best done on a light rod and then you will have fun

thats the way i'd normally fish for them,i was in a place a few weeks ago where they were giving themselves up on feathers but i didnt get a bite on bait.Was just wondering if you could combine the ease of floatfishing with the multiple chances of feathers..

fitzdragon wrote:
    no weight or hook

No hook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

No hook, an interesting method :)

I find a light spinning rod with a spinner or plug to be the best fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

no hook fishing makes catch and release much easier

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

ok i have finally edited my post , ye can all stop laughing now:o

any way my point really is that its much more fun fishing with light tackle and just a small bait on a hook , i have drift fished for pollack , bass , mullet and mackerel using this method and its much more relaxing than plugging or spinning:cool:

Advertisement