Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2008, first details

Options
  • 18-06-2007 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

IGN has the scoop.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797221p1.html
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (working title) will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP and DS later this year and boasts what Konami is calling "a revolution in player artificial intelligence" -- dubbed Teamvision, which enables the opposition to learn your style of player and adapt their tactics accordingly.

According to Konami, Teamvision will totally change the way PES fans play the game, because the adaptive AI forces players to constantly rethink their tactics.
    Other improvements promised for PES 2008 includes improved greater close control, so there's more scope for skilled dribbling, tricks and neat inter-player passing moves. Setting up a free-kick isn't quick as restrictive either, whether you're defending or attacking. You can change the number of players in the wall if you're defending or, if you're on the attacking, plan runs more intricately and position specific target men for the kicker to aim for.
    Konami promises it will be a true next-gen experience, so there will be proper facial animations, shirt pulling and kits that flow and crease as the players run around. Watermarks from sweat and rain appear as the game continues too, bringing the player that bit closer to the action than ever before. All next-gen versions will feature a fully functional edit mode too -- something that was sorely lacking from last year's 360 version of PES 6 -- so players can create there own team and or edit existing ones.

More details, and screenshots at the link also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

God this game looks class, Might actually have to buy it for PC instead of PS2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Looks savage. Can't wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I can imagine this being so difficult that casual players will be turned away. Personally despite trying really hard I have been terrible at pro evo for the last few releases:( . I am a sheep though so will probably end up buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Looks disappointingly the same as PES6 :/

But will wait for vids of course to see how it moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

dont like the generic boots the players are all wearing, by that I take it these screenshots are early enough, and theres probably alot of textures still to be added... that or il be waiting for a decent option file!;) :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

No word on licenses either. I heard a while back that they had all the licenses this year, and it's looking promising seeing Brazil in their official kit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Why do they show those pictures, noone plays it in that view.

Show some WIDE angle pics!!

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

After the abortion that was the last game Id imagine theer will be a fair few people who wont run out & buy this one. Personally Im pretty skeptical for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Slurms wrote:
    No word on licenses either. I heard a while back that they had all the licenses this year, and it's looking promising seeing Brazil in their official kit.

I think I heard they have the brazilian licenses, but that doesn't necessarily indicate they have others too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Big Ears

skywalker wrote:
    After the abortion that was the last game Id imagine theer will be a fair few people who wont run out & buy this one. Personally Im pretty skeptical for the moment.

I think most people hated PES6 at first but many(including me) grew to love the game and see the improvements in it . With that said I'm still not fully satisfied with that shooting system , for me it's the biggest flaw currently in the game .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Big Ears wrote:
    I think most people hated PES6 at first but many(including me) grew to love the game and see the improvements in it .

Don't know about you guys , but I always find the start of a new PES game very hard because everything is different :movement,fitness etc etc.

So this looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

if they sort out the slowdown when the box if full of peeps and add all the options missing form the 360 version I'll be happy. The graphics look pretty good, I'm really interested to see what small tweaks they have made...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Don't know about you guys , but I always find the start of a new PES game very hard because everything is different :movement,fitness etc etc.

So this looks pretty good

Indeed i am raping the master league on 6 stars with an Eircom League option file, im pats and playing Madrid etc and thumping them.

All i want is about 500 teams to choose randomly from when playing online, a proper random team button not one that turns on chat or only selects from the page thats showing. Also the 500 teams part needs more teams from crap to good.

I have faith the game will be fine and to be sure im not buying it on 360 :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Big Ears wrote:
    I think most people hated PES6 at first but many(including me) grew to love the game and see the improvements in it . With that said I'm still not fully satisfied with that shooting system , for me it's the biggest flaw currently in the game .

Personally I got pissed off with the lack of saving replays, penalty shootouts etc & gave up on it (Im talking specifically about the 360 one here, not sure if they were present in ps2)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Big Ears

skywalker wrote:
    Personally I got pissed off with the lack of saving replays, penalty shootouts etc & gave up on it (Im talking specifically about the 360 one here, not sure if they were present in ps2)

They weren't problems for me on the pc(which is just a ps2 port) .

Advertisement