Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tax worry

Options
  • 18-06-2007 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi i am working full time at the moment but am thinking of setting up on my own.A bigger rival company than the one i am at have asked me to join them for the last few years.The thing is i was talking to the rival boss yesterday and he said they would like me to come work for them and i could keep my own clients and build up my portfolio ie: working for myself partime(would have to commit to them for 2 years).the tax thing is that i would be paying paye and my own personel tax is this legal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

having multiple sources of income is not a problem from a tax perspective: you need to see about the PRSI aspect as being self employed has lesser contributions AND lessor benefits than PAYE so when u have a mix of income types, I dont know which takes precedent

Advertisement