Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union / SSIA question

Options
  • 18-06-2007 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have a question relating to my SSIA. My SSIA recently matured (just under €5k). I currently have a credit union loan for about the same amount. I was thinking about putting my SSIA into a high interest savings account and paying my credit union loan off monthly. Is this silly? I have been told that the interest I'm paying on the car would be higher than I'll get saving. Would I be better off paying off my loan with my SSIA then opening a savings account and paying some to that monthly.

Cheers,
    Jeff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭hallelujah

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In fairness, you gave people less than an hour and a half...

For example if you have a car loan at 9% interest and put money into savings which earn 4.5% then yes, paying off the loan would work out better for you.

Advertisement