Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Egan and his FF Obsession

Options
  • 18-06-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭

I know his section in the Sindo is utter tripe but still I can't help find myself glancing throught the meaningless articles.
    However his total and utter bias towards FF and Bertie especially is reallly getting up my nose at this stage. Fair enough, he thinks the sun shines out of Ahern's arse. He's entitled to belive that if he wants. But why write about it incessently?
    Anyone else have similar views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

What else was he going to write about this week?

Every other Sindo journalist did the same ranging from Kerrigan's usual lambasting of all things FF to Harris's mumbo jumbo.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

mfitzy wrote:
    I know his section in the Sindo is utter tripe... <snip>...

I have similar views.... except mine would include the rest of the paper also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

And what does Barry Egan know about politics? sweet F.A. But he who pays the piper....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Do I like did, just stop buying the paper.
    Even though they have a couple of good sports writers I like, the paper seems to be degenerating into a tabloid, what with all the love ins in the add on sections.
    If enough people stop buying it then they will get the point.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

mfitzy wrote:
    I know his section in the Sindo is utter tripe but still I can't help find myself glancing throught the meaningless articles.
    However his total and utter bias towards FF and Bertie especially is reallly getting up my nose at this stage. Fair enough, he thinks the sun shines out of Ahern's arse. He's entitled to belive that if he wants. But why write about it incessently?
    Why do you buy it? You're only encouraging him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Akrasia wrote:
    Why do you buy it? You're only encouraging him

That's a good point but my parents buy it and I end up reading it inevitably!
    I should get them to stop buying it. It's kind of a Sunday habit I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i buy the paper every week,give the missus everything bar the sports and thats my sunday indo experience over.Terrible paper,a few years ago it was half decent now its gone to the dogs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

raven136 wrote:
    Terrible paper,a few years ago it was half decent now its gone to the dogs

I thought it just got boring because of the peace process. I mean if FF ever turns honest even Kerrigan's thunder will be stolen and then there'll just be Harris's weekly lecture on Plato or Aristotle or the Skibereen Dog Show.

Is there another Irish Sunday Paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

mfitzy wrote:

If it's not Bertie it's Ronan Keating, awful awful writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

The tribune is a good read,mick clifford,justine mccarthy,kevin rafter,shane coleman are all excelent writers and Neil Francis on rugby is always worth a read

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Nothing is better than voting with your feet. Simply dont buy the Sindo.

The Sunday Times is the only decent Sunday Newspaper, I wouldnt be seen dead reading the Red Tops, and most of the Irish papers are tripe on a Sunday, particularly the Sindo,(ironic when you consider it was always a Blueshirt Paper, then again so was the Indo too, but certain events topok their turn), with the possible exception of the Sunday Business Post which is a half decent effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Barry Egan? He's a pure bollox. I find it hard to respect a man who on the one hand glamourises "Z listers" and then tries to start talking about politics.

Advertisement