Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everyday Things You Have Never Done Anyday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

zuutroy wrote:
    You must be easily amused.
    Unfortunately, only a select few (but especially the pig) can induce my laughter :( and none of this lol business while staring solemnly at the screen mind you, an actual laugh.

HOOOOOLD on a second, I just saw your sig ... you like snooker and baseball and you say I'M easily amused :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

lots of people
    That's very, very sexist.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

He's a legend of the board alright
    Pigheads guessing you were trying to upset him so surely you meant legend of the bored? Even your insults are second rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Pighead wrote:
    Pigheads guessing you were trying to upset him so surely you meant legend of the bored? Even your insults are second rate.
    No I meant board, and will Pighead please stay on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I don't know how to hold my posture correctly or walk properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

jester77 wrote:
    Well, I'm a 30-something guy that doesn't know how to drive... yet I've a full driving license :o

I'm curious about this as I work in driving licences.

I've never played Monopoly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I can't whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

seu a ykeobrda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

i've never taken a dump anywhere but a toilet (maybe in my pants a few times)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I've never used a chat up line, not even just for the laugh. Dont think I could carry it off without going bright red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

never driven a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

never driven a car, never fallen in love with someone wihtin 10,000 miles away from me, never successfully done ALL the ironing (usually do most of it, and fold the rest advantageously), never successfully given anyone a tour of ireland, never successfully done a tour of new zealand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'm curious about this as I work in driving licences.

Well I suppose it would be easier to begin at the beginning. I first sat behind the wheel of a car when I was 16 and my dad gave me some lessons. Few months later and I was in college and rarely home so was never around to properly learn. I then graduated and spent most of my 20's travelling around with work so was never settled long enough to really learn to drive. But there was a few quiet months when I was around 25. I got the mad idea that I would learn to drive so I applied to driving school in mid-Sept, done the theory and lessons and at the end of Nov. I sat my test. The instructor was in a serious rush (it was lunchtime and he was hungry) so I only had to drive through town and onto the motorway and back, no reversing or parking. So he gave me my licenese and that was the last time I've sat behind the wheel of a car. Fast forward 5 years later and I have a license but would not be fit to take a car on the road!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I was once in a situation where i was sitting in a mates car on the beach while the tide rapidly crept up on it but i could'nt do a thing to prevent the impending disaster as I...I ....I cant drive. I wouldnt even know how to start the ignition. :(

I got some passing lady to kindly reverse it up the beach :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

I've never ironed any item of clothing other than a sock in under 20 minutes.

I've never put wax in my hair

I've never cut my own hair (other than facial)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Never put a bet on the horses.

AnonoBoy wrote:
    Never put a bet on the horses.

i did, once, and won! :D what does that tell you...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭kaalgat

I can't drive with the radio/music on in the car.
    I can't change a tyre on my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

red_ice wrote:
    i did, once, and won! :D what does that tell you...

Bet on a right horse? :p

I've never gone to the Psychic that's been hanging around Ulster Bank everyday in Galway since I was a nipper. Not that I'd really bother anyways.
    Never asked a girl on a date, my face would incinerate in red and I'd melt in embarrasement.

Duggy747 wrote:
    Bet on a right horse? :p

I've never gone to the Psychic that's been hanging around Ulster Bank everyday in Galway since I was a nipper. Not that I'd really bother anyways.
    Never asked a girl on a date, my face would incinerate in red and I'd melt in embarrasement.

Kill two birds with one stone ask out the psychic, she's well cute... well at least compared to Nora :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

jester77 wrote:
    I've never walked outside in pyjamas! Actually I haven't owned pyjamas since I was a kid.

You sleep in borrowed pyjamas?:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Like me, we are part of the naked sleepers team. Once you lose pyjamas you never go back. Also, pyjamas is a cool word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

It's not too often you see the naked sleepers team walking in their typical nightwear along the street, though you will see them on nudist beaches.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

don't see them because it is night. Otherwise they are undercover in clothes mode.

Flukey wrote:
    You sleep in borrowed pyjamas?:eek:

Look at all the trouble that's involved in owning pyjama.
    • you have to go shopping to buy a pair
    • you need to wash them every so often
      • this means you probably require a second pair
        • which means more shopping
    • then you have to try and locate them every evening when going to bed
    • then there is the time involved in putting them on
    • also in the morning when you are sleepy/hungover there is always the possibility you will trip and injure yourself when trying to take them off using the shuffle and leg kick technique
    Sleep naked ftw and avoid all this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

jester77 wrote:
    Kill two birds with one stone ask out the psychic, she's well cute... well at least compared to Nora :p

Christ KD is a sexy knockout compared to our friend Nora

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

You know when people are leafing through a book, looking for a specific page, they lick their finger to make it more adhesive and thus make the job easier?

I have never done that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've never gone on a blind date.

I've never shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

I still don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

I still don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

Same here, don't know anything about mortgages. I don't obsess over property.

jester77 wrote:
    • also in the morning when you are sleepy/hungover there is always the possibility you will trip and injure yourself when trying to take them off using the shuffle and leg kick technique
    Sleep naked ftw and avoid all this!

This is true, i nearly lost an eye when i was 14. I used to be the, 'sit on the bed one leg out, then another', but that didnt cut the mustard one christmas morning when i was woken up and had to get downstairs to open my stuff. I tried the shuffle and leg kick - it didnt work.
    jester77 wrote:
    Same here, don't know anything about mortgages. I don't obsess over property.

mortgages? I thought we were talking about tracker bars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Never used hair gel.

Can't whistle loud: you know, where you stick your fingers in your mouth to get that piercing sound? Nope, can't do that.

Pigheads probably the only male boards ember who hasn't flirted with Pythia. Probably why she detests me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Never seen the movies Titanic or ET

Never seen the movies Titanic or ET
    Are they every day things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I have never

a) given myself a nickname
    b) referred to myself in the third person by the nickname I made up
    c) thought I was a gas character for doing so

Ah welcome back, Peter! You've been greatly missed. So, what did you learn during your ban?

Dudess wrote:
    Ah welcome back, Peter! You've been greatly missed. So, what did you learn during your ban?
    Cheeky fcukers learned nothing as far as Pighead can see. The lad comes across like a sulky teenager with very bad acne. Another smack of the banhammer wouldn't do him any harm if you ask me.

Anyway Dudess, what everyday things do you not do everyday. Be as rude as you like babes. Its after 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

I have never

a) given myself a nickname
    b) referred to myself in the third person by the nickname I made up
    c) thought I was a gas character for doing so

A) No, other people bestow nicknames upon you.
    B) No, quite strange but what ever turns you on I suppose
    C) No, tbh it's not even remotely amusing

Never gotten in to a personal vendetta/grudge match with other board users, but its early days yet...

I don't go to the credit union - that's pretty everyday in Ireland anyway.

Oh be rude you say? Easy - I don't... nah, I can't say that - even if it is after 9.

Dudess wrote:

Oh be rude you say? Easy - I don't... nah, I can't say that - even if it is after 9.
    Beautiful answer Dudess. Suggestive and naughty without being in your face. You could teach that coolsmileytramp a thing or two.

• Advertisement

Why thank you!
    Pighead wrote:
    in your face

Funny you should include those very words in your reply. You could say you've partially answered your own question.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

I've never used a car wash, have my car over a year

Never:-

learned how to drive,
    had a pint on me own (i have while waiting for others to show up, just never went in on me own and said fcuk it, i'll have a pint)
    played tennis
    used a chat up line
    been on roller skates/blades
    used a compass
    used a hairdryer (i'm male and bald)*
    bought a DVD (don't see the point, watch it and that's that)
    ironed anything other than a shirt or a pair of jeans
    bought a pair of slippers (owned loads, and even own a pair now.....pressie)
    had sex without a johnny

*wel, almost bald.

Conversely,

I have done the following that not many people have done (probably):-

had a smoke in the shower
    crept into work at night and slept there (á lá that WKD ad where your man wakes up at his desk......except it was McDonalds :eek: )
    downed a naggin of vodka in one, straight*
    thrown a cigarette to a friend, only for it to go straight into the top of his bottle of beer (bullseye)
    gotten a hole-in-one on a golf course

*I realise that bragging abut drinking is infantile and moronic.....just a lot of people i know have never done it

But, thats enough about me. I was talking about this thread with a girl in work, and she's told me that she has never eaten a) a batter sausage/burger, b) a steak and kidney pie or c) curry sauce :eek:

and yes, Pighead, there were LOADS of mickey jokes going around when she told us she had never eaten a batter sausage.

Arathorn wrote:
    I've never used a car wash, have my car over a year

Oh yeah, good point.

I'm on my third car since 1999 and I refuse to go to the car wash, apart from before the NCT (when the underneath part has to be clean). I just don't see the point. It's not like I'm driving through acres of mud every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I've never

-Smoked weed
    -Driven a car
    -Put ketchup on my chips or any other sauce for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.....

never....

:
    washed a toilet
    learned a whole song
    ironed anything but shirts
    enjoyed RTE1

• Advertisement

Dudess wrote:

I learned that you can't criticise "Pighead". He's a legend of the board, apparently. He says I'm an 'acne-ridden sulky teenager'.

He's not too good at taking a bit of feedback is poor Pig.

Aw bless! Someone's jealous of a Boards user's popularity!

Dudess wrote:
    Aw bless! Someone's jealous of a Boards user's popularity!

:confused:

Aw bless! Jealous and confused.

Is this the "Pighead" fan club?!!

Or the A.O.W.?

• Advertisement
Advertisement