Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

inporting outlook express

• 18-06-2007 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭

i just had a bit of a windows malfunction on the business computer and decided to run knoppix off a cd rather than wait around all day for someone to come out and help reinstall windows savely. I was wondering, can i automatically import the outlook express settings to a knoppix mail client? actually what is the knoppix mail client? I don't know what the password is either, it's been ages since i set up the OE account, Is there someway Knoppix can just get those settings from the computer and import them into a mail program? thanks in advance for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

You should be able to reset your password with your service provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Evolution might be able to do it as it can connect to Ms exchange but I'm not sure if it can do this. Might be worth a shot though.

Evolution comes on Gnome which is the default front end for Ubuntu which can be started as a live CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

just to let you know, i downloaded xp as a torrent with Linux (i had a license but no cd), then i reinstalled xp on a new partition on the hard drive without interfering with the old windows installation, then downloaded a program called OE Mail recovery and retrieved the old Outlook Express .DBX files from the old installation and recovered them to the new xp installation of Outlook Express. I'm sure i just used an inter-continental missile system to kill a fly :o

Advertisement