Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinion Needed

Options
  • 18-06-2007 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Ok boys and girls I have a decision to make, and here it is...I'm looking at getting a new car think I need one to be honest the house is gotten, and I can afford it..What I've seen so far are:

1998 BMW 728i
    Mid 90's Lexus GS300
    Mid 90's Jag XJ8 3.2 Sport (think this is the most impractical although I love Jag's just think not just yet!!)
    Mid 90's A8 2.8

There was also an Alfa 166 bandied about but I got sense. I was also looking at a Subaru Legacy but they look a bit naff (the B4 280bhp ones do in any case.)

All suggestions and opinions most welcome particularly from anyone who has any of the above cars...

Cheers
    A

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The BMW is a nice car and well built but the 2.8 is a bit underpowered tbh. The Lexus is a reliable well built car but is very bland, soulless and nothing special to drive. The Jag is a bucket of trouble and a bit of a Dell boy image attached to it, I had three of them and wouldn't buy another. The Audi is probably the best of the bunch but buy a 4.2, I have one and so has Anan1, and as far as I'm concerned it's probably one of the best cars I've ever driven with the exception of the M5 but I prefer automatics tbh.
    You chose well to avoid the Alfa but the Subaru is a fine car in reality but is a bit tacky in the styling department, I had one and it's a seriously good car.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,342 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Agree with junkyard on the generic point that you seem to have listed lower end models of higher end cars. Why? If you do your sums, you'll find that for very little extra money, you can own a higher end model instead!

E.g. 4.4l BMW 740 instead of 2.8l 728, 4.0l Lexus LX400 instead of 3.0l GS300, 4.2l Audi A8 instead of 2.8l A8

Hard to beat a V8 petrol anyways :D

Unless you do a big mileage, but then all the cars you mention are going to cost a fortune to own and drive

Advertisement