Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mojave Desert

Options
  • 18-06-2007 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

Im driving up the west coast in the US for 3 weeks next month and im planning to go out to Mojave Desert to see the plane 'scrap yards' and the Mojave air/space port.

Has any one else been there, is it hard to get access or tours?
    I know Edwards airforce base is there which I dont expect to get near.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Hi,

never been to the Mojave desert ones but I have been Pima and visited AMARG ( MASDEC ).

Fantastic , to see lines and lines of F16s/B52s etc etc

My advise , write /e-mail ahead , you may get in esp to the civil aircraft storage areas. But if you do , wear sturdy boots/long trousers, I have been told there are a load of rattlesnakes out there ( I am serious ) , of course you may not be allowed out any car or whatever.

As for Edwards , you may have stood a chance prior to 2001 , again writing ahead , I know most of the USAF bases used to be quite welcoming to arranged visits . Try the base PRO , all they can say is no after all.

Advertisement