Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

magazine subscriptions

• 18-06-2007 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Hi

I have been asked by my boss to look up some mags to subscribe to turns out the department has a budget allocated for magazines and subscriptions that we have never used. rather than give the money back he wants to know if there are any mags worth subscribing to. Seems like a silly amount of money so anything could be considered once its engineering related.

anyone got any suggestions links ect

cheers

eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

There's about 30 fields of engineering, ranging from civil to clinical.

Journals of use in one field would be a waste of cash in another.

If you're thinking of engineering mags then tell us what sort of field you're involved with first please.

Tak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Multi disciplined Civil , Mechanical , Electrical , Process suppose Im looking for a mag like the mag the IEI circulate we already get that just wondering if there was anything similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Doubt if a mish-mash mag is of any use.
    Since most of your organisations staff are likely to be IEI members they'll already be getting that one, I'd say.

None of those fields of engineering are areas that I can offer opinions on.
    Over to civil, mech, elec, boardsers here.

Who's going to be reading these anyway ?

The staff? The punters coming by, waiting for old Murphy to finish his "meeting" ?
    What sort of level of work are they operating at?

Tak.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

If you subscripe to the IEEE (Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers) you'll the the IEEE Spectrum magazine every month that talks about some of the populist malarkies going on in the EE world. It's a good institution to be a member of from a professional point of view.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,600 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

most of the useful magazines in each industry are free to professionals in the area as they make their money on ads trying to sell people stuff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement