Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Transport Dundalk to Cavan

Options
  • 18-06-2007 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Can anyone help me out in regard to travelling from dundalk to Cavan, starting in september? Ive never been to Cavan town but Id love to start a course up there in the college and dont want to move from Dundalk. Does it have a train station? Are there any private buses that operate from Dundalk? Does Bus Eireann go there early? What about buses from Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

Have you never been outside of dundalk before!!! :eek:

A train station???? :D
    No, it doesn't have a train station.

You'll prob have to get a bus to Carrickmacross & then a connecting one from there to Cavan.

But, why not just phone the bus depot or run over to it & ask someone who knows.

I even think you can check it on their website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Bus Eireann surely do a service from Dundalk to Cavan and you can check the website. Even give the college a ring and ask, I'm sure there are plenty of students there not from Cavan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

Did I read this correctly; you want to go to Cavan?

... there's always one ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

:D thanx all

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

MDTyKe wrote:
    Did I read this correctly; you want to go to Cavan?

... there's always one ...
    To see beauty in all of its glory of course! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭sparkulicous

Don't Know if it's still the same!! but there used to be only a 9.45 bus to cavan during the week!! Not much good if you have to be in for a 9 o'clock class!! or a 10 or an 11!! in fact you'd be lucky if you were in cavan for 12!!

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

thanx everybody :) .... for info & humour! ;)

Advertisement