Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sub €1000 lcd telly..

Options
  • 18-06-2007 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a "32 - "42 LCD telly in tyhe sub €1000 price range.
    Anyone have any tips?

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

should probably look towards Samsung or Philips..

maybe Samsung LE-37S81B

or Samsung LE-37R72B

first one has a high contrast ratio so that one might be one to look at..it doesn't have DVI and but it does have 2xHDMI..

add on 80euro for delivery to those prices..

(*might have to click on 'ireland' to access those links)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

try argos. used to work there and we had a few 32" ones that sold well. I'm not sure on what to look for in terms of features etc. but the prices were good and we had very few come back with problems.

Also, don't go by catalogue prices, most things will be lowered by now, and if you wait till near the release of the next catalogue (no idea when) you can get some great deals (up to 50% off) on end of line stuff. For rough price guides check www.argos.co.uk (more up to date) for the price in sterling and convert. www.argos.ie doesn't have electronics up yet, so thats no use.

Alternatively, do what i do with anything electronic....go to the shops, find one you want/like, then buy it on ebay for a discount!

*edit* http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5362231.htm....any knowledgeable people know if this is any use? obviously not top of the line, but might be worth a look 42" tv for about a grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

masseyno9 wrote:
    For rough price guides check www.argos.co.uk (more up to date) for the price in sterling and convert. www.argos.ie doesn't have electronics up yet, so thats no use.

Or use the ring & reserve feature to get current pricing

Advertisement