Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Credit check Issues

Options
  • 18-06-2007 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi folks,

have spent half the day trying to order the 3G USB Modem from 3's online store. I also tried to place an order via customer services in India using my Visa and Laser cards, none of which have been successful.

to say I'm annoyed is an understatement. I have never had any issue with credit in the past and have never had a late payment anywhere in my financial history.

Has anybody had any similar experiences, and if so what can be done about it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

PunchI wrote:
    Hi folks,

have spent half the day trying to order the 3G USB Modem from 3's online store. I also tried to place an order via customer services in India using my Visa and Laser cards, none of which have been successful.

to say I'm annoyed is an understatement. I have never had any issue with credit in the past and have never had a late payment anywhere in my financial history.

Has anybody had any similar experiences, and if so what can be done about it?

:rolleyes: Well i on the other hand am at the other end of that spectrum, of which i will say no more and so was more than surprised when after a 3hr wait was given the all clear? What i was told when calling the various brick and mortar shops was that there may be a credit problem but that if there was i was to bring an extra 50e and that that 50 would be credited back to my account in 6 to 8 weeks after sing up.

That was in the Tullamore branch, the girl on the ph said that about "50%" of people were failing the credit check and this is how they were geting around it but before my check was done in Portlaois i mentioned this to one of the ladys there and she said no such thing was happening as far as she new...go figure.

I think that what spongebob has said about 3 on some other post may very well be true. This is my first time to deal with 3 so im pretty virgin to there way of doing things but from what i've been hearing there not smelling of roses. Left hand knowing what the right hand is doing kinda thing.

Depends on where you live, i waited 2 weeks for my modem but the best thing to do is call into your local store/stores and do it the manual way so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 PunchI

:rolleyes: the best thing to do is call into your local store/stores and do it the manual way so to speak.

I'm thinking it's going to be my only option.

New laptop arriving tomorrow, and 3G is my only hope for BB cause I'm in the sticks. Based on 3's webiste, orders placed before 2pm would be delivered next day......obviously that won't be happening now, and based on your experience of them, doesn't look like it would have happened anyway, even if I could place the order.

Bit of hassle for me to get to a store, but will have to I guess.

Can you let me know if I need to bring ID and copies of bills and all that jazz, to place an order in the store?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

PunchI wrote:

Can you let me know if I need to bring ID and copies of bills and all that jazz, to place an order in the store?

Thanks.

I bought mine in the 3G store in Blanchardstown.

Needed a bill plus photo ID, they also required the €50 deposit.

Thanks for that.......therecklessone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

PunchI wrote:

New laptop arriving tomorrow, and 3G is my only hope for BB cause I'm in the sticks. Based on 3's webiste, orders placed before 2pm would be delivered next day......obviously that won't be happening now, and based on your experience of them, doesn't look like it would have happened anyway, even if I could place the order.

Thanks.

Had the same problem. You have to complain and ask to speak to a manager. Get annoyed. They then processed the order for me.

Easier to go into a store though, but they still run the credit check which took AGES and ages to proess. I literally had to come back the next day because it was 9pm on Saturday and the store was going to close.

You need photo ID, proof of address and details for direct debit, i.e. bank accounts etc. you need to pay for the 129.99 up front and the first month is taken from DD.

X

• Advertisement

PunchI wrote:

Thanks.

Yes its the usual rigmarole, passport/drivers licence, utility bill with name and address or bank statment dated in the last 3 mths. I've had bill phones from both voda and 02 and found 3 the most painless to sign up to. You will also need sort code and account number.

Your best bet is to phone the nearest 3 store to you and arrange it first and if none in stock put your name down and keep calling them a day or so before they say they will have it in, they will call but just to let them know you want one yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

got mine last week in a store, needed a bill, picture ID and €50 deposit.

I also had to answer various questions such as, am i a home owner, am i employed, am i married, do i have kids etc...which i was a bit taken a back with, but was told that as its a contract that this was standard procedure.

All in all it took about 2 hours for the info to be processed in india, the assistant told me that 3 bb is proving so popular that this is the reason for the delay.

philstar wrote:
    I also had to answer various questions such as, am i a home owner, am i employed, am i married, do i have kids etc...which i was a bit taken a back with, but was told that as its a contract that this was standard procedure.
    QUOTE]

Ye i was taken back by the amount of info they needed/wanted.
    After the first 3 questions i tought it was time to be selective about the answers i gave. Its not a ****ing mortage i want its a poxy modem.

Rushed myself yesterday to make it into the Three store in Cork. To no avail though, realised when I arrived that the bill I had with me was 6 months old and they wouldn't accept it!!!

Will need to try again this evening.

Also, left a voicemail with 3 head office in Dublin, but have heard nothing back.

I'm beginning to wonder how serious they are about being a major player in the Irish market. Until now I had a positive view and experience of 3, when I changed my phone over from O2. But, oh, how they have fallen in my estimation.

I'm really struggling to see why it is such an effort....i.e credit checks being undertaken by a company who's info is obviously not correct. Also don't undertsand, why they can't set up a direct debit to a credit card. If I have a credit card, it means my bank doesn't have an issue with my credit history!!

If 3 are reading this......Get your act together......it wouldn't take much for me to approach Vodafone instead!

Advertisement