Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else still in college?

• 18-06-2007 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

I think I am going slightly crazy at this stage.Are me byrno and bigjim the only people still in college or are there others sharing in our plight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'm here for the entire summer :(

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm not doing anything in UCD, but I'm in Glenomena studying. It's pretty dead around here. Plus, I'm not actually getting any work done. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

DirkVoodoo wrote:
    I'm here for the entire summer :(

your getting paid though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I dropped into UCD one day last week and the place was dead! What are ye all doing there at this time of year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Only two more months. Just two more months. I cannot wait until August. Roll on August.

I hate summer studying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Feeling your pain Elisa! Not even getting that much time to study, I'm in theatre all week, just got home and I'm wrecked. :(

Only a few more days now... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Why are all you guys in college...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'm gonna be renewing my love for the UCD library over the next few days and months. I'm studying for the FE1's in October. Icky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Working in UCD so being paid to be here. No study for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Hanging around college doing archaeology stuff and belfieldfm stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

jimi_t wrote:
    Why are all you guys in college...?

4th med (byrno and panda) and final med (me) don't finish till june 22nd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

4th med (byrno and panda) and final med (me) don't finish till june 22nd

AND start back on August the 28th! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I don't finish until August 15th, so I have no pity for the meds in that respect!

all the places to get coffee close at 5:30. Even the place that serves the really really shit coffee. Yeah you know the place I mean. Whats the story with the 5:30 shutdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Yeah still here, as always, us poor PhDs get no holidays ;) One good thing about being here over the summer is no queues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

yea so i woke up at 9 thinking "right, lets do this study!!". its now ten to one and i am still lying in bed watching tv. i'm going to have to hit the good old library v soon. FE1's coming up in September and if I dont start now I'll fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,173 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

starting in june? are you joking me?

no. why wud i joke? dont start sangre.

They start the END of september. Why would you need to start studying now for subjects that you've ALREADY studied.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I've started studying for my entrance exams in late August. Constitutional law is a real bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Devoted Drog

I've started studying for my entrance exams in late August. Constitutional law is a real bollocks.

Im looking at doing this too once im finished in ucd.Have you any idea, If i do the subjects like tort and constitutional law as electives in ucd during my degree and pass the exams am i exempt from doing the entrance exams or do they still have to be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Why is the library shut at the weekends and after 5.30 until July 1st?
    I have books due back but I work Mon-Fri 9-5. So I'm currently gathering quite a large fine and I can't bring them back! Why haven't they got even one late night opening during their closed weeks?

Theres no way for me to bring them back (Takes an hour and a half to get to UCD) I can't take days off work, I only started there last week.

Argh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

panda100 wrote:
    your getting paid though??

Yup as a friend put it, I'm on a "governament sponsored work avoidance scheme" :D , but I still would like a holiday. My productivity has been approaching zero over the last 2 weeks. And whats up with the weather!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

Why is the library shut at the weekends and after 5.30 until July 1st?
    I have books due back but I work Mon-Fri 9-5. So I'm currently gathering quite a large fine and I can't bring them back! Why haven't they got even one late night opening during their closed weeks?

Theres no way for me to bring them back (Takes an hour and a half to get to UCD) I can't take days off work, I only started there last week.

Argh.

you could a) Phone up and get your books renewed
    b) Go in and leave the books in the drop box
    c) Phone them and tell a few porkies to get out of the loan
    d) Sit drooling in the corner watching Big Brother

All good choices I think you'll agree...

personally id go all Die Hard 2 on the library and return those books... with a vengence

Sangre wrote:
    They start the END of september. Why would you need to start studying now for subjects that you've ALREADY studied.

because i havent done some of them in 4 years!

Im looking at doing this too once im finished in ucd.Have you any idea, If i do the subjects like tort and constitutional law as electives in ucd during my degree and pass the exams am i exempt from doing the entrance exams or do they still have to be done?

no exemptions, u have to sit them.

Seriously Hulla relax. From all the people I know who have sat them they're really not that hard, no worse then anything you've ever done before. I actually know one guy who started only 2/3 weeks before them and passed(although was an intense time for him). Hardest part is just exhaustion is sitting them all.

Although, all the depends if you're working or not.

p.s. font22, if you've done it for an exam (and not just lectures) it comes back so easily.

i did law but not the FEs. From what im told the enterance exams are simular to LLB exams. Then again I did drop out after 2nd year and it would take a trident weidling horned demon to lead me back down that path. Check one soul :p;):p

Best of Luck

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    personally id go all Die Hard 2 on the library and return those books... with a vengence

Someone needs to brush up on their Die-Hardology.

Advertisement