Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Disconnects when phone calls made/received - filter broken?

Options
  • 18-06-2007 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

My modem seems to lose its connection whenever a phone call is made or received. Well, it still says it's "connected", but all the ADSL stats (connection speed, attenuation, etc.) go to 0. It either tries to reconnect itself after a while or I can force it to reconnect - it seems to have no trouble reconnecting while the phone call is still going on.

Is my DSL filter broken? Or is the problem somewhere else?

I have a Netgear DG834GT, V1.01.32 -UberGT1.05 firmware (from here).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

bad or no filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

That's what I was hoping. Now to find a shop that doesn't only sell gammy BT plug filters!

I got a new filter. I thought it fixed the problem but it seems to still happen sometimes. From looking at my router stats while making calls, everything's fine until the call ends - then everything drops to 0, or even negative levels! Then it reconnects after a minute or so.

Any ideas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

As a matter of interest why are you using the non netgear firmware? Has this problem only started recently? Have you tried it with netgear firmware?

The problem pretty much always happened - it may have even happened with the Zyxel modem I got off BT (might try it if I can find it). I am using that firmware because with the Netgear firmware the router crashed on a regular basis, i.e. it would not respond to anything and I'd have to manually power cycle it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement