Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone bought the new model accent

Options
  • 18-06-2007 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has bought the new model (2006) accent? More specifically the Sedan. Im thinking of changing from my 95 corolla, I like the 3 door but its just not feasible because of the baby. Anyone have one? what are they like?

im impressed by the warranty, the equipment levels and the price. I wouldnt buy brand spanking new, a used one would be better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've driven a few of them through work. They're not brutal by any means, but there are some good and bad points,

Good:
    Air Conditioning is standard, which is nice,
    It's cheap
    There's a 3 year warranty and AA cover

Bad:
    the cabin is quite narrow, so 5 will be a squeeze
    the indicators and wipers are backwards, (as they are in your existing car)
    Sony stereo likely to get nicked at some stage
    Safety rating nothing to write home about
    noise insulation marginally better than on your 95 Corolla
    Taxed as 1.4 despite being very sluggish
    It'll depreciate more than a Polo or Yaris

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Also check out the newer model Kia Rio, it is basically the same car as the Accent just different badges. Not sure if it was available with the 7 year warranty from 2006 though.

isn't it just the ceed that gets the 7 years bad luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

colm_mcm wrote:
    the indicators and wipers are backwards, (as they are in your existing car)

All Hyundais (RHD ones anyway) have the light stalks on right/wiper stalks on left. Took me about a day to get used to it in my coupe. Now i have to get un-used to it in my new car :eek:

It is dead handy for indicating and changing gears at the same time like on a roundabout though!

colm_mcm wrote:
    isn't it just the ceed that gets the 7 years bad luck?

Sounds a bit strange to me to only offer it on one model in the range if it is true.

• Advertisement

I think this is the case bazz, Hyundai said to be offering 5 year warranties in Ireland sometime soon.

colm_mcm wrote:
    I think this is the case bazz, Hyundai said to be offering 5 year warranties in Ireland sometime soon.

Hyundai offer a 10 year warranty on their cars in the US afaik. :eek:

that's true, but it'll spend most of it's time going in a straight line driven slowly by a coffin dodger who probably hasn't got 10 years in them anyway.

also the warranty is a bit limited

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

bazz26 wrote:
    Also check out the newer model Kia Rio, it is basically the same car as the Accent just different badges. Not sure if it was available with the 7 year warranty from 2006 though.

Why go for the Kia, Ive done a quick search on carzone and the difference is minimal, I might save myself a grand? I know a hyundai dealer fairly well so i should be able to knock a few hewero's off the accent. I see the Kia comes in a diesel though, that might sway me, ive been thinking of changing to...daesel

Advertisement