Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caution - Acronis True Image v 10 . . .

• 18-06-2007 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭

Bought this last Friday. had trialed v9 for 2 weeks before then.

Total rubbish. Would not even install properly.
    Phone support not available after sale, unless a support contract had been taken up.

Email support not responding.
    Attempt to demand refund failed through lack of contact for this.

Eventually had to solicit refund through credit card company.

Google search showed that this very problem has been there (and complained about) for 6 months . . .

100% cowboys.

Tak.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Mr Mojo

I can't comment on the support side of things, but the product is top notch! I've never had any problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭tak

Was yours v9 or v10 ?

I found v9 great too. But v10 is rubbish.

Tak.

It's weird you should say that cos I had a few (minor) problems with v9. I'm now using Home Edition v10.0 (build 4,871) and it's been grand since day 1. What problems were you having?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Didn't have an issue with the version I got for the laptop.

It's a free download from the Seagate website, rebranded as seagate diskwizard. I havn't checked whether it is locked to work only on Seagate drives, though I don't think so.

First I downloaded TrueImage10.0_s_en.

This initially accepted the licence key I was sent. But the first attempt to install crashed. I tried again - this time it failed to accept the key. After another few tries it accepted the key and installed it. Then I opened the application to do a drive image. But on opening it gave an error message saying that some of the modules had not been installed. The Programs\Anacronis folder was only 50 MB - it should be around 180 MB.

Tried finding a support number. Failed to get "registered" for email support.
    Found similar problems on a Google search on the error message. Went back as far as Jan 2007. Said screw it and demanded my money back yesterday.

Tak.

• Advertisement

Fair enough tak, sounds like you've wasted enough of your time!

If you decide to give it another shot, my C:\program files\Acronis directory is around 50 MB & there is 135MB in C:\program files\common files\Acronis.

If you've uninstalled it, you could make sure these directories have been erased & do a quick search in the registry & get rid of any lingering acronis references (obviously backing up your registry first!). Reboot & try a fresh install.

My Common directory had only 81 MB for Acronis.
    So there must still be missing modules, as the error message said.

But that's all history. I'm now getting a refund via Visa as Digital River and Acronis were playing dragass with it.

Tak.

Gave it one more fling. Bad as ever.

You must have got a previous version, Mojo.

Hope it doesn't happen to you but if so it'll look like this attachment.

Tak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

i know you must of had issues there so...
    but looks like it just didn't install properly for whatever i don't know but any software might not install properly -
    i've been using it and its been perfect even with vista
    just cloned a hdd worked first time altohugh i did have to reactivate vista..

Advertisement