Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian Transfers, Rumours and General Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I highly doubt Cassano would go back to Roma,they despise him and I think Quagliarella will stay put. Pandev plays for Lazio so he's a no no and I'm not sure a big club would risk Boriello so soon after his ban. I'd say it'll be another year before he moves to a big club. Amauri I could see happening and maybe Bianchi if the deal to Lazio isn't permanent.They could also tempt Lucarelli back from the Ukraine

Lucarelli is back already signed for Parma in January

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

What about the manger merrygoround that will happen in the summer?

Inter may change. AC will change. Juve probably wont but you never know.

The way I see it is that Mancini will go to Barca. Jose will come to Inter and Rijkard will go to AC (and take a few playes with him).

Also interesting to see that Lothar Matthaeus is doing is coaching badges at Inter. An out side bet maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I doubt Mancini would go to Barca. He isn't really rated that highly in Italy let alone outside Italy. Ancelotti or Lippi would have a better chance

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I doubt Mancini would go to Barca. He isn't really rated that highly in Italy let alone outside Italy. Ancelotti or Lippi would have a better chance

What do you mean he isnt rated in Italy? He is one of the best managers there.

I think he could do a job for Barca but I'd rather him stay at Inter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Galliani claims Shevchenko and Ronaldinio are 180% milan players
    They need to rebuild but im not convinced these are the players to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any word on any Roma potential signings?

A world class striker is a must.
    Will Gilardino leave Milan if Sheva comes back, especially with Pato looking so good?

He could be a choice for Roma, as for Aguero - not a chance

Rossi maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Ronaldinho and Shevchenko are exactly the type of player Milan need, Ronaldinho would take the presure off Kaka a bit and Shevchenko would be a great mentor for players like Pato, Pozzi and Paloschi.

Throw in a squad player to cover for Pirlo, Sergio Ramos to replace Maldini, anothger squad CB and two full backs and Milan are as strong a team as anyone.

Oh yeah, Ronaldinho's brother said this yesterday...

“We only want to talk to Milan,” Dinho’s agent and brother Roberto De Assis confirmed. “He will either go there or stay at Barcelona.”

So, that's that, he's in the bag :) and Milan will get him for about 11 million, either that or he will just buy his contract out, which he can do after the 1st of july for 10million, so yeah, he's gonna be a Milan player next year.

I wonder will Shevchenko get his 7 back and if so what number will Pato take?

Also, will Ronaldinho take the 10 shirt from Seedorf?

Hmmm...

kearnsr wrote: »
    What do you mean he isnt rated in Italy? He is one of the best managers there.

I think he could do a job for Barca but I'd rather him stay at Inter

I always felt the perception was that the squad he has was too strong not to win the league and his performances in the Champion's league and last years Coppa Italia final were a sign that he really doesn't have a B plan. With their squad last years league was a walkover and this years should have been as well. His CV pales in comparison to Ancelloti's as well. If one joins Barca I reckon it will be Carlo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Seaneh wrote: »
    Sergio Ramos to replace Maldini.

Are you on drugs? Madrid would be more inclined to sell Raul then they would Ramos. Hahahah.

Also, Ronaldinho wont buy out his contract to go with Milan, all the top professional clubs have agreed not to acquire players this way. There is no way he'll be allowed go for a fee as small as 11 million, he's made the club more than that this season ffs.

''Ronaldinho to Millan 30 million Euro

According to both major Catalan sports papers Ronaldinho’s transfer to AC Milan is as good as done. Txiki Begiristain met Ernesto Bronzetti, acting for Milan, yesterday to discuss a transfer fee which is supposedly in the region of thirty million euros. Later Bronzetti met Ronaldinho’s brother, Roberto de Assis, to discuss personal terms, and in the evening De Assis was flown in Silvio Berlosconi’s personal jet to have dinner with Milan administrator Adriano Galliano.

Thirty million is more than was first expected in Barcelona but it seems that Berlosconi is desperate to make the move official as quickly as possible because on Sunday he is standing in the Italian presidential elections. For Barcelona it has been a love affair that had to come to an end, three very happy years followed by a slow decline. It’s a great shame but in the end I feel that Barça should be happy with the divorce settlement. All that remains is for the full extent of Ronnie’s ‘partying’ to be released in the Catalan press. I hope they at least wait until he has officially left the club.

FCBNEWS, Nicks blog translated from Sport and El Mundo Deportivo
    http://fcbnews.com/ronaldinho-to-milan-for-e30million/''

A mate on a Barca forum posted that.

Milan adding a "powerful world class forward" and "world class" players in defence this season according to Berlu.

The Primeminister has stated that along with the signing of Ronaldinho,
    “Another very important player is on the way. He is a powerful centre-forward who I shall not name.

“We are ready to sign two world class players for next season and there will be world class players in defence, too.”

I'm guessing wither Drogba, Huntelaar or Amauri?
    As for the defenders, one can dream of Llham, Ramos, Zambrotta, that'd be nice...

I love you Berlu...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Isn't he already talking up the prospect of bringing Shevchenko back? That could be the world class forward of whom he speaks...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Possible, but unlikely.

Berlusconi knows the value of a real world class signing.

"powerful" dosen't really fit the profile, besides in the same interview he said that he wouldn't name who the player was and that it was almost a done deal.

He then went on to say that he is seriously working on the Sheva thing and that the only thing that could stop it would be Chelsea because he knew that Sheva wanted to come back and he would welcome him with open arms.

So yeah, he's not talking about Sheva.

Llham, Ramos, Zambrotta, that'd be nice.

You definitely could get Zambrotta as his wife is extremely homesick. But seriously, there is more chance of me getting a game for Barcelona than Ramos leaving Madrid atm.

• Advertisement

I know, but it's a dream, he's the ONLY young defender in the world capable of replacing Maldini IMHO.

Dont worry Seaneh, I agree, he's going to be one of the great fullbacks, him and Casillas are the only Madrid players Id be happy to see at Barca, but unfortunately they if you cut them they'd bleed white. Blanco ba*tards.... :p

I dunno, I don't think Sergio really holds that much loyalty to them, sure he's only been then 2 seasons, and he's stated he supported Seville as a kid, so he can't be that emotionally tied to the club, can he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I know, but it's a dream, he's the ONLY young defender in the world capable of replacing Maldini IMHO.
    You might think this is outlandish, but I think Micah Richards possesses the level of potential to if not replace Maldini, at least emulate him as being a world class centre half for 15 years plus.

Milan adding a "powerful world class forward" and "world class" players in defence this season according to Berlu.

The Primeminister has stated that along with the signing of Ronaldinho,
    “Another very important player is on the way. He is a powerful centre-forward who I shall not name.

“We are ready to sign two world class players for next season and there will be world class players in defence, too.”

I'm guessing wither Drogba, Huntelaar or Amauri?
    As for the defenders, one can dream of Llham, Ramos, Zambrotta, that'd be nice...

Can't see many world class players signing for a team in the UEFA Cup. Drogba would never make that move, he could do a lot better if he wanted to go. Huntelaar and Amauri are more pacey than powerful so I'm gonna go with Crouch. He'd be a great foil for Podolski and co. although Boriello could move back but I doubt it. Maybe Cardozo from Benfica.

• Advertisement

WTF? Amauri and Huntelaar are hardly "pacey" Amauri is straight from the Luca Toni school of strikers, big powerful nut job.

Crouch, you think Milan will sign someone like coruch and claim he is world class? where are you getting podolski from?

As for The Uefa Cup, if it happens, Milan are still Milan, The greatest club in the world in modern times.

Every south american footballer dreams of playing for Milan.

Milan could attract world class players from Seria B on prestige alone!

How's Balotelli been doing in Inter as a break through, Bravo's lack of coverage means my Serie A fix is seriously deficient. From the one or two games Ive seen he looks lively, scoring against Juve. He doesn't look like a Balotelli though, more of a Ddjembe Mutombo. :pac:

He's looking good.

But young players break through at inter and then end up going nowhere all the time.

Just look at people like Kallon and Martines...

WTF? Amauri and Huntelaar are hardly "pacey" Amauri is straight from the Luca Toni school of strikers, big powerful nut job.

Crouch, you think Milan will sign someone like coruch and claim he is world class? where are you getting podolski from?

As for The Uefa Cup, if it happens, Milan are still Milan, The greatest club in the world in modern times.

Every south american footballer dreams of playing for Milan.

Milan could attract world class players from Seria B on prestige alone!

Huntelaar is certainly not a powerhouse. He's about 5"10 max and from what I've seen of his captaincy this season he's a prick too. Could be wrong about Amauri, haven't seen Palermo in a while.

In fairness, Silvio and Galliani are full of ****e, if they signed Crouchy they would certainly caliam a world class signign.

The last 3 lines are utter crap. You are not Juve

I always thought the greatest club of the modern era was Real Madrid, Milan being second.

Huntelaar is certainly not a powerhouse. He's about 5"10 max and from what I've seen of his captaincy this season he's a prick too. Could be wrong about Amauri, haven't seen Palermo in a while.

In fairness, Silvio and Galliani are full of ****e, if they signed Crouchy they would certainly caliam a world class signign.

Huntelaar is 6'2", and not what i'd call a pacey striker

You are full of beans.

Milan are the most decorated club in world football in the last 50 years!
    Juve are the most supported club in Italy, Milan are by far and away the best supported european club in south america!

Huntelaar is 6'2", and not what i'd call a pacey striker

He's 6'1" actually but yeah, he's not exactly blessed with pace.

Amauri is a 6'2" battering ram of a striker, has a fair bit of pace, but then again so does Drogba, but you'd hardly call it his best attribute!

Apparently Milan have aggreed a contract worth 3.5 million a year with Mathieu Flamini, that would be a seriously good free signing!

You are full of beans.

Milan are the most decorated club in world football in the last 50 years!
    Juve are the most supported club in Italy, Milan are by far and away the best supported european club in south america!
    Why is Juve's stadium empty whenever I see a match there so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Why is Juve's stadium empty whenever I see a match there so?

because the Delle Alpi is a sh*t stadium apparently. distance from the pitch is huge basically and fans prefer to watch on TV.

I think they renovated the stadiums so the running track was less of a problem last year. Most of Juve's Italian fans don't actually come from Turin but from down south. They are effectively the Man Utd of Italy but for some reason can't get any attendance. Remember seeing highlightls of an Italian cup game with only 72 people there a few years back

I think they renovated the stadiums so the running track was less of a problem last year. Most of Juve's Italian fans don't actually come from Turin but from down south. They are effectively the Man Utd of Italy but for some reason can't get any attendance. Remember seeing highlightls of an Italian cup game with only 72 people there a few years back

yeah, i forgot about the whole moving out renovating stuff. but they seem to have alienated their fans throughout the years with that kinda crap, and match fixing etc.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2006/10/25/why_are_serie_a_attendances_on.html a decent enough article i remember reading on the whole Italy falling attendences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Don't Juve make huge huge money from an individual TV deal and their own station, which has a huge amount of subscribers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

because the Delle Alpi is a sh*t stadium apparently. distance from the pitch is huge basically and fans prefer to watch on TV.

Juventus don't play at Delle Alpi.

nipplenuts wrote: »
    Juventus don't play at Delle Alpi.

yeah, i already said i forgot about the move n stuff. but the Delle Alpi is what many people put down to the fans having stopped coming in the first place, horrible stadium where the fans are far from the pitch + lots of televised matches meant people stayed home, and now they are too lazy to come back. it's much easier to lose fans than it is to gain them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He's 6'1" actually but yeah, he's not exactly blessed with pace.

Amauri is a 6'2" battering ram of a striker, has a fair bit of pace, but then again so does Drogba, but you'd hardly call it his best attribute!
    Depends on what way his hair is gelled i'd say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

nipplenuts wrote: »

****, wasn't there calls for him to come out of retirement for Euro 2008?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Huntelaar : not pacey but amazing at positioning-finishing-heading-bicycle kicks-free kicks-one on ones. i lived in holland for a while and watched alot of ajax games and see hes quite good but i would actually prefer Juve buy Amauri as hes proven in Italy as Huntelaar could be a flop. also the dutch league isn't exactly a very strong league, the top 3 teams win 4-0 or so every week.... so many goals scored weekly compared to england-italy-spain-germany-france. Amauri is 27-28, huntelaar 24? hmm tough decision but i'd go with Amauri. they will both cost the same . about 20m euros.

Juventus play in the stadio Olimpico in Turin/Torino. not Delle alpi. , juve have the highest attendences % in Italy so far this season. somewhere over the 85% mark.. and i think the Olimpico only holds about 29000 .

Flamini/Piatti/Amauri/Huntelaar/VDV/Diego/Pasqual/Hamsik/Luisao/Mancini/Barzagli are the biggest name rumours to Juventus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

PHB wrote: »
    Don't Juve make huge huge money from an individual TV deal and their own station, which has a huge amount of subscribers?
    Kinda.

There are two rivals in Italy competing for the rights to televise live matches, Mediaset and Sky. Unlike England, all clubs negotiate individually with these broadcasters for the rights to televise matches. This means that the Big Three (Juve, Inter and Milan) get huge sums, e.g. a team like Juventus gets about €200 million a season, whereas a team like Siena gets about €5 million a year. This is the reason why the clubs in the lower half of Italy rarely spend money and why there are no foreign investors who are willing to bankroll a club.

i remember Juve got 260m euro for a 3 year tv deal back in late 06 i think it was.

Juventus play in the stadio Olimpico in Turin/Torino. not Delle alpi. , juve have the highest attendences % in Italy so far this season. somewhere over the 85% mark.. and i think the Olimpico only holds about 29000 .

it's lower than that, just over 27,000 i believe. amazing to think such a big club fail to fill such a small stadium. found this link that suggests Juve draw more fans playing in other cities than they do in Turin. has there been any word on what's happening to the Delle Alpi anyway? everything i've read suggests all redevelopment plans have collapsed.

It was on the Official Juventus Website the other day. i think it might be a new stadium as it would be cheaper but would take longer ( to be built in 2012/13 i think.) they want to build a nice one with around the 50,000 mark. Turin is a small enough city. 2.2 million people i think, and most of them Support Torino from what a few friends of mine from Turin said. and actually alot of Turin people don't support football they said... its a very industrial/business City.
    i've actually been looking into going there on my own for a weekend to catch a match, but i don't think they fly from Ireland and its very expensive from what i've seen..(flying from the UK) or going to a nearby city and taking bus/train/plane to Turin. very difficult indeed! it would cost me 600euro for flight/ticket/accomidation/food for a short weekend. kind of a rip off. but i do have a big passion for Juve and would love to watch a game sometime.

own for a weekend to catch a match, but i don't think they fly from Ireland and its very expensive from what i've seen..(flying from the UK) or going to a nearby city and taking bus/train/plane to Turin. very difficult indeed! it would cost me 600euro for flight/ticket/accomidation/food for a short weekend. kind of a rip off. but i do have a big passion for Juve and would love to watch a game sometime.

It's worth it. I managed to get a seat for Ranieri's first game last season when I was working in Milan. Would definitely recomend it although I didn't get the proper Juve experience as the stadium was packed. It was no Rome derby though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Watching the Italian Supercup... Inter Vs Roma, Baptista playing in Roma's midfield. Only 3 minutes in, Roma looking energised. Riise making his debut in a competitive Italian game too. Pigo is starting for Inter, fu*king traitor.

Muntari 1-0 Inter... Beautiful jink from Ibrahimovic to draw the defense out, Muntari blasts a deflection that bounced off the bar. Riise nearly equalises for Roma.

PHB wrote: »
    If they don't get 4th, Ronaldinho and Shevchenko won't join, and Kaka could well leave.

Jaysus, looks like neither of them were reading your posts PHB! =P

A.C just lost to newly promoted Benito 2-1.

Here is the situation, you are 1-2 down at home to a newly promoted side and there is only minutes to go, what do you do? Bring on an attacker? Push men forward? NO! Because that is what they will expect you to do! You need to do something unimaginable, and that is exactly what Carlo Ancelotti did - he brought on Emerson. I have to hand it to him, I would never ever think to do that, what a genius.. Hahahah, good old A.C. Don't worry, Ronaldinho will get back to his best and score you 300 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Milan 1 - 2 Bologna
    Forza Bologna! We're back in Serie A and what a great start!

• Advertisement
Advertisement