Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No attraction

• 18-06-2007 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Ive been with my bg for 5 years. My question...so people think its possible to continue a relatioship when one of the people isnt attracted to the other, but loves them so much that they dont want to let them go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

my bg
    Boyfriend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah, sorry, my boyfriend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Hi guys,

Ive been with my bg for 5 years. My question...so people think its possible to continue a relatioship when one of the people isnt attracted to the other, but loves them so much that they dont want to let them go?

Are you happy with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP, do you mean that you yourself are not sexually attracted to your bf anymore? Is there a physical thing or something else that caused this?

To answer your question, yes I think so. Lots of older people still stick together and they're not the most fittest ppl.

If there is love there the appearance is secondary.

Hes not attracted to me anymore. he says he doesnt wanna break up, but because hes not attracted anymore, he doesnt spend half as much time with me as he used to, or should. maybe 5/6 hours a week, which im not happy with at all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Hes not attracted to me anymore. he says he doesnt wanna break up, but because hes not attracted anymore, he doesnt spend half as much time with me as he used to, or should. maybe 5/6 hours a week, which im not happy with at all

Neither should you be happy with that. He isn't attracted to you but doesn't want to break up and limit seeing you to 5-6 hours a week..what when he is feeling horny?

Whats going to happen when he turns around and says he has found someone he is attracted too?... you will be left there.

For your own self respect... end it

I love him so much, and I cannot imagine not being with him, and the thought of him with someone else is horrible. but i dont wanna be taking for a fool either. nothing in life is easy!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Are YOU happy with staying with someone who has told you theyre not attracted to you? Do you think so little of yourself?

You shouldnt "settle" in a relationship. It sounds like one or both of you are too scared to end it. If its heading in that direction its inevitable you will end up there in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

If I was in love with a woman who one day told me she was no longer attracted to me, it would be the same as saying "it's over" AFAIC. It might be very hard to do but in the long run you'll be happy with your decision and strenght: end it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

That is a horrible thing to say to someone you love.
    Sound's to me like he is setting you up for a fall,
    he will prob turn around in a month and tell you he has
    tried but it's just not working blah blah blah
    What happens next is up to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Carrigart Exile

Refuse to see him for a couple of weeks, in the meantime get out with friends and colleagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭claire-g

This will probably be hard to hear but im guessing that in a relatively short period of time he is gonna eventually meet someone he is attracted to and then he will break it off for good. He sounds like a complete coward and wants u to do it so he wont be the bad guy. I think u need to decide what you want, do you want to be a doormat (and i dont mean that in a harsh way) or do you want to muster all your strength and get rid, keep some self respect and learn to love yourself again. Both will be hard but the latter will have a more positive outcome in the long run. Be sure about one thing though, he will hang around like a bad smell until he meets someone else, and then he will do the same to her....ur better off out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

he sounds like a twat. you deserve a man who you'll drive crazy. what age are you? has age taken it's affect or have you gained weight? if not he just wants a change and thats not love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 miamigal

Are you happy to be with someone who admits that he isn't attracted to you? I think that sexual attraction is a major part of any relationship. Perhaps it's time for you to let go...I've been there, and it doesn't end well.

Hi OP,

Sounds like my life about 1 year and a half ago , I stayed with someone for 6 yrs who after about 2 yrs I felt a lot less attracted to them and he vice versa but we stayed together as we thought we loved each other., yes he did actually say this to me at one point that he was no longer attracted to me and it was pretty obvious to others , but I deluded myself by pretending to myself he was joking , I put up with alot of other crap too which I won't go into , because I believed we loved each other so much we would stay together forever.
    He ended up moving away and starting a whole new life with someone new and I never saw him again.
    Because of all this I missed out on many relationships with people who I was attracted to and now I'm all on my own , with little chance of meeting anyone else because of where I live, my age and also the fact that my health is not very good
    so my advise is get out while you still can , yes it's painful but if you can end it reasonably amicably it will be better for you in the long run. You owe it to yourself to be with someone who wants you and vice versa
    Good Luck !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

get out of the relationship. you deserve better, don't settle because you're afraid to be by yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

TBH that is why we have marriage otherwise who the hell would stay with someone indefinitely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

While I think that every long term relationship goes through times when you are not attracted I genuinely think that in this case it is not a good sign and that you should get out before he leaves, the fact that he is spending so little time with you is not a good sign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

as a man and once a boy....my opinion is.

he wants to finish it as boyfriend and girlfriend, so as he can go off with the lads and have a laugh for himself, but.....
    he still wants to be able to f~@k you...

simple as that

and yes when he does fine another f*#k buddy, you will be dropped.

but that is only my opinion...but you know I'm right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭DD

5/6 hours a week, I am afraid to tell you, but this is not a relationship. Even 5 years passed its not a reason for staying together so less. I think you should start dating people and live your life.
    From what you said he is not happy either, but if you love him. Would you see yourself with this man in a few years. Would you like this to continue, seeing each other few hours and...what man could possible say ...im not attracted to you anymore...
    In a long r*ship many things can be different during the time, nothing will be same with the time passing by.
    Try to think of what you want and if youre not happy there is no point to continue this relationship.

he doesnt spend half as much time with me as he used to, or should. maybe 5/6 hours a week, which im not happy with at all
    Hi guys,

Ive been with my bf for 5 years. My question...so people think its possible to continue a relatioship when one of the people isnt attracted to the other, but loves them so much that they dont want to let them go?

• Advertisement
Advertisement