Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreaming of insanity

• 18-06-2007 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Last night I dreamt I was going insane.
    I knew I wasn't well in the head, and I wanted someone to help 'fix' me.
    I was really afraid that I was losing it, I still had enough sense to want help.

I was flying to a hospital for care and I kept seeing the plane fall apart, or seeing it crash, while I was on it, but I knew it was all in my head, I knew I was imagining it.

Such a strange dream, had me tossing and turning all night long. I woke up with a nose bleed. Dunno if that's relevant, but thought I would mention it as I don't get nose bleeds very often.

If anyone can offer any kind of interpretation I would really appreciate it.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Hey, that's my awake state! Oh... OK... I'll get serious for once...

Did you eat or drink too much before going to sleep? That sometimes gives me nightmares. I had eaten and drank way too much a few days ago, and I had this stalker chasing me all night, leaving my bed looking like a war zone when I woke up. Or did you start new meds or do recreational meds? Or are you under stress lately at work or in a relationship, and working it out in your dream? Dream interpretation is rarely literal, but can be driven by pressures in our daily lives...

Oh... one more idea to toss out. I had seen Apocalypto awhile back when released in the States and that triggered a nightmare, too. Seen any scarey films lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Mrs_Doyle

Yeah, well recently I read 'Fear', by Jeff Abbot, which is all about these guys suffering from mental health problems, and being tested on without their consent, so I'm guessing that could be a pretty good basis for the dream.

Ha, sounds pretty silly now that I think about it. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Mrs_Doyle wrote:
    Ha, sounds pretty silly now that I think about it. :o
    Well, I get that way too often! My imagination! Watched a thriller film called "Fracture" starring Anthony Hopkins, who kills his wife but gets off on technicalities. Hopkins can be sooooo cold blooded in some of his parts he plays! Had a nightmare that night following the film, too! Silly me!

Advertisement