Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Accounting Aftermath

• 18-06-2007 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

thought that was the trickiest paper they have ever put out! that said it was really only the q.1 that bothered me. couldnt for the life of me get it balanced, kept being 7200 out!!:mad:
    but the incomplete and service were nice enough (guessed the theory) and im pretty confident about the cash budget.
    what you all think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Ordinary: The rotten B*stards, it was meant to be a sole trader for question 1 (hasn't come up since 2003) this year, but had to be a bloody company. Still manageable though.

And the absorbtion costing (Q8), what the hell was all that about? Completely changed its layout and that confused me..

Apart from that pretty ok..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Choc.Monster

Lovely paper but I made a mess of it. Didnt get any of my accounts out & couldnt remember how to do part a of question 8. Ah well, Im finished now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Bluefox21

one or two dodgy workings but pretty predictable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 260 ✭✭fitzgese

it was fairly challenging alright. i thought that q1 was very tricky. and q 5 was a bit unusual as well. is it just me or were all the papers harder this year with only 1 or 2 exceptions. (note the past, i am a free man, but for everyone else, hang on in there. it will be over soon!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Q.8 was mad, I'd never seen half of it. Luckily 9 was handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

Bluefox21 wrote:
    one or two dodgy workings but pretty predictable!

yes what came up (company, service firm, incomplete & cash budget) was all predicted but i found that the fire and insurance adjustment was a bollox, that or suspense (but that was grand) have never come up in a company before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

If i ****ed up the fire and insurance and also suspense part !! would i have got many of the 120 marks ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

I thoght it was a really nice paper. I did:
    Q.1 thought it was ok apart from the fire working
    Q.6 So happy this came up It was really easy
    Q.7 Staight forward question nothing unusual
    Q.8 Fine apart from the theory i had to guess that.

The whole paper was the same as our mocks so i was really happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pretty sweet paper overall. Threw a hail mary at the fire adjustment in question 1 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

CASH BUDGETING END FIGURES???? PLEASE.... Someone tell me....! I have literally no idea how I got on in this question...

• Advertisement

If i ****ed up the fire and insurance and also suspense part !! would i have got many of the 120 marks ???

provided they were the only mistakes you made then you wont lose much.
    those two adjustments will probably be the two ones most people found toughest so there will (hopefully) be less marks going for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭colm-ccfc84

I felt it was ok, could have been a lot worse. I didn't manage to balance q1 unfortunately. Hopefully I will get lot of marks in any case. I balanced my incomplete and service though and I felt q8 was fine. Hopefully I can still get my A1.

melsman wrote:
    those two adjustments will probably be the two ones most people found toughest so there will (hopefully) be less marks going for them
    That will almost certainly be the case, my teacher told me that.

melsman wrote:
    yeah but it effects all the figures if ya no what i mean !!! can anyone post a soloution to fire insurance part and even the suspense bit

yeah but it effects all the figures if ya no what i mean !!! can anyone post a soloution to fire insurance part and even the suspense bit
    You only get punished once for a mistake.

You only get punished once for a mistake.
    ;) exactly so dont lose too much sleep over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cormac17

i was very happy wit it!!! After an absolutely horrible mornin in physics!!:(,,acc was a nice paper compared!!!

Did debtors control, revaluation
    incomplete( was hopin 4 the other method but sure!!)
    service
    cash budget

da only hard thing really was the theory,,,in school we never did that kind of stuff so just have to guess everything!!!!
    happy overall,,,,could av been a lot worse:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Does anyone remember what they got for Q1? I got 1,416,844.

So annoyed with myself for the Service Firm question, I left out the revaluation reserve at the end and ended up like 100,000 off or something like that

BrightEyes wrote:

Did this balance? I got €1,437,544, which balanced, though I may have made one or two mistakes with the infamous Fire adjustment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

md99 wrote:
    Did this balance? I got €1,437,544, which balanced, though I may have made one or two mistakes with the infamous Fire adjustment!
    Ye mine balanced, but I just made a few almost random entries for the fire adjustment and it seemed to just balance out of no where

• Advertisement

will q8 part b be for half ie 40 marks????

BrightEyes wrote:

So annoyed with myself for the Service Firm question, I left out the revaluation reserve at the end and ended up like 100,000 off or something like that
    I think I did the sae with the service, just thought of it, o the mistakes under pressure! Will only be a few marks anyway.

i was convinced the devil was trying to get a hold of me during the exam today. on the q.1, service and incomplete the number 666 was there somewhere! funnily enough they were all mistakes and i had to correct them!:D

A few things to check on Cash Budgeting... (Q9)

Loan Interest - €333 per month?
    Fixed Overheads = €41,250 per month? ie 42,000-750 monthly depr.?
    Anyone have the end figures?

Also, Sales in P+L = Total Sales given at top of question?
    Same thing for Total Purchases...?

Discount Allowed = (Total Sales) x (30%) x (5%)?
    Discount Received = (Total Purchases) x (50%) x (2%)?

md99 youre wrong for discount recieved as you had to take away december purchases first then get 50% then 2%
    the rest is spot on

melsman wrote:
    md99 youre wrong for discount recieved as you had to take away december purchases first then get 50% then 2%
    the rest is spot on

Of course! Thanks for clearing this up :) .

Can you remember your final figure in the budget... Mine was (probably wrong) around 360,000...

md99 wrote:
    Of course! Thanks for clearing this up :) .

Can you remember your final figure in the budget... Mine was (probably wrong) around 360,000...

in or around that cant remember exactly :)

fingers crossed...! 360,167 is what I got exactly.

in the trading profit & loss there was no opening stock OR closing stock sure there wasnt?

• Advertisement

indeed there wasn't. same as in the 04 version I'm pretty sure.

Advertisement