Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Aftermath

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah I know, I was doing the trading, p/l account and had like only 4 expenses in it, I was there thinking, this couldn't possibly be right. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

if i didnt get the balances for incomplete but got the other right figures how much would i get out of the 92 marks ??? also the cash at the start ?? was it right to add that to the cash A/c

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dobman wrote:
    811300 for service by adding 100 to client fees due. (didn't write them off)

888345 for incomplete

I didnt balance my Incomplete, but my two figures were €888,245 and €888,545. How? Thats nuts. Thinking its just a calculation error, it always happens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭whatshername!!

yeah i hate when your only out by a couple of hundred coz you know its only a small mistake or a calculation error:mad:
    my incomplete was out by 400 and i didnt get time to look for the mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dobman

yeah i hate when your only out by a couple of hundred coz you know its only a small mistake or a calculation error:mad:
    my incomplete was out by 400 and i didnt get time to look for the mistake

incomplete record bal 888345
    400 error likely closing cash balance not added to get cash sales

• Advertisement

dobman wrote:
    incomplete record bal 888345
    400 error likely closing cash balance not added to get cash sales

S**t i tink ur right. thanks. it was such a stupid mistake arghhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

I thought it was a lovely paper. All my evenings going to Kev O'Callaghan in Bruce for grinds paid off :D. Its like everyone who does Accounting in Cork goes to Kev. What an unreal teacher. He got all his predictions bar the tabular statement one right. And the Tab is a much nicer question than what he thought would come up(Suspense).

I'm glad I stayed away from Ratios, it didnt look that nice, if it wasnt for Kev I'd have been stuck with them, but then he showed us how to do incompletes and they went from taking 4 pages to doing them to just one. Anyone who went to Kev remember what happens when there is a c/d balance in a working :D ?
    Actually I think I got a B1 or hopefully an A2 yesterday, made a few slight errors in Incompletes and Service, there is one adjustment I'm slightly worried about with the Tab Question, and think I may have made a slight balls of Q9, but otherwise perfect I hope. That reval was a lovely question, bar the end part, but its only 5 marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

S**t i tink ur right. thanks. it was such a stupid mistake arghhhhhh

lol, I made the same mistake myself... thankfully managed to fix it in the last few minutes

I'm disappointed the Exam Times has neglected to mention this paper! They only mentioned Physics for LC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

md99 wrote:
    lol, I made the same mistake myself... thankfully managed to fix it in the last few minutes

I'm disappointed the Exam Times has neglected to mention this paper! They only mentioned Physics for LC

what 400 is that????

Cash closing balance, I think I had it as 800 instead of 400? don't remember exactly...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

md99 wrote:
    What was your Q6 balance...?

I wouldn't expect full marks in Ratios...It's meant to be the question that's marked down the most, ie if there's too many high grades they go to work on the ratios part Bs... although I doubt the same problem should arise with this years paper!

Not to make you feel bad but you missed the unquestionably easiest question on the paper....Question 7! It was lightyears behind the usual standard

i done it all perfect to the exam markings scheme, i had enough for near double marks in that question 5 parts b and c

cant remember the figure, but it seemed to have no potential holes.

what was quetsion 7, never looked at it

incomplete with trading first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

yes that is quite an easy question alright:mad:

lol, t'was the saviour of my paper....

Having failed to balance Service Firms and running very short on time, I feared the worst as Inc Rec. has been much harder in recent years...

I left it delighted, balanced and with time to spare... in such good spirits that I managed to fix my Service Firms and balance it too!!!!! ohhh thank you Incomplete!

that said, 'Accounting Concept' for 8 marks? They can f*** off with that.

Advertisement