Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Heatsink & Condition of Thermal Paste

Options
  • 18-06-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Can anybody please help with this question.
    I'm building my first PC and I have all the parts ready except the Video Card which I'm waiting on(looking around for the new Radeon HD 2900XT) and may take about two weeks.
    My question is, Is it OK to start installing the Heatsink now or Is it best to install when I'm near ready to powering on?
    Mainly, If I install the Heatsink(Zalman CNPS9700 NT) now and do not power on for over two weeks will this affect the Thermal paste, Artic Silver 5?
    Thanx For Any Help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Gerb68 wrote:
    Mainly, If I install the Heatsink(Zalman CNPS9700 NT) now and do not power on for over two weeks will this affect the Thermal paste, Artic Silver 5?
    Thanx For Any Help.

No it wont matter & just remember with thermal paste less is more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

Thank alot.
    Less is More. I keep coming across this.I dont suppose you know of any links with an image of just how much is enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Advertisement