Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is my Car worth? - 97 Mazda 323F

Options
  • 18-06-2007 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

as I will be leaving Ireland I will have to sell my car. What would you consider a fair price? Somehow these Mazdas seems to go for relative crazy money (1200 for a 91 and 3K for a 97 on adverts.ie).

97 Mazda 323 1.5l
    - 2 doors
    - NCT 05/2008
    - Tax 09/2007
    - 85K miles
    - around 7 l/100km
    - No full service history, but has last been serviced 6 weeks ago (have receipt)
    - Back Bumper has a few scratches, and might benefit from a repaint
    - Inside of the car is in good condition, just the usual tear and wear for a car of that age
    - Motor is free of any leakage and any oil spilling etc.
    - Sony CD/MP3
    - Over the wheel arch is one chip where the colour went off, and a patch of rost has appeared (about the size of a 2 cent coin) which should be easy enough to adress

I was thinking about 1400? Does that seem like a fair price considering that it needs 100-200 Euro spent on it to bring it back to a very good looking car?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd stick her in at €1600 ono, chance your luck, might get 1400 or 1500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Is this the sporty F (the 95-97 model) or the one that replaced it?

If its the older model id be looking at about 2600, they are really sought after cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is this the sporty F (the 95-97 model) or the one that replaced it?

If its the older model id be looking at about 2600, they are really sought after cars.

The OP mentions that it is the 2 door 323F model which looks like the 3 door Citroen C4 at the rear and was never popular in Ireland. The 5 door 323F that you have/had Gary is alot easier to sell and is worth a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd say 1000 max. those 3 door 323's are not sought after.

Was this model called the 323c by any chance? I know the Jap ones are called Neo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The 3 door 323s were not 323F's at all, though allegedly (according to WP anyway) they share the same suspension and stuff. They were apparently called the 323C in some markets but the ones sold here just said "323" on the back, or Familia Neo if a Japanese import.

The 323F sold at the time (i.e. the Lantis in Japan) was based on a completely different platform to the 323.

• Advertisement

the 5 doors were Lantis weren't they, saw a cool saloon version of the Lantis in Limerick years, back lights were similar to 98-ish model Mondeo. really cool looking

Yes, there was also a 4-door hardtop version of the Lantis (the Japanese seemed to like making a hardtop version of EVERYTHING back in the '80s and '90s) - I never saw one myself though...

*Goolgles pictures*

mazda_lantis_12687.jpg

...OK I guess I did see that one! I wasn't expecting it to be that much different to the hatchback.

yeah, that's the one, looked amazing at the time! (back in the 90's) pretty korean looking in hindsight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Sorry, you are right. Didn't even know it was called the 323C (or 323 Sportiva, as I just found out).

It's the one attached, even in that colour.

It is certainly an obscure enough car, but I don't know if there's much interest in it and as others said it's probably not worth all that much, especially since many would not consider it as practical as the saloon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement