Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE to show feature on a CPW wrestler tonight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've heard Blake Norton talking about the guy on figure four. It should be worth watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Just watched this... it was an interesting story, but I don`t think they really did it justice. They only had ten minutes but instead of trying to work the audience with a stupid angle, the programme makers really should of concentrated more on wrestling training and how he coped doing it with a disability. I understand pro-wrestlers trying to work ppl, but I don`t understand how the programme makers allowed themselves to look like such idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I caught a bit of it. I heard RTÉ had a camera crew at a CPW show for this a while back. Blake left CPW a couple of months ago, but yer man is still a tag team champ on his own...I never really got that. Maybe they just did it until this show aired

Fair play to him anyway!

EDIT: Oh yeah, it was a bit stupid actin as if wrestling is real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

woooo232 wrote:
    Just watched this... it was an interesting story, but I don`t think they really did it justice. They only had ten minutes but instead of trying to work the audience with a stupid angle, the programme makers really should of concentrated more on wrestling training and how he coped doing it with a disability. I understand pro-wrestlers trying to work ppl, but I don`t understand how the programme makers allowed themselves to look like such idiots.

Couldn't agree more. Obviously Kayfabe is alive and well in CPW. There wasn't anything that would make me ever want to check out a CPW show either. RTE are a bunch of clowns for letting that go out on air in the state that it did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Shouldn't this go into Irish Promotions?
    VR!

• Advertisement

Shouldn't this go into Irish Promotions?
    VR!

Yes probably but I posted in the main part of the forum since it was only 45 mins before the show began and I thought more people would get to see it that way.

Yes probably but I posted in the main part of the forum since it was only 45 mins before the show began and I thought more people would get to see it that way.

So I can blame you?!:D

woooo232 wrote:
    So I can blame you?!:D

I hang my head in shame :(

The Irish promotions sticky is for news, results and discussion of events by Irish wrestling promotions. This is different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

so the general consenus on the program was that it was good but badly done by RTE? rly would have liked to have seen just spotted in yesterdays metro during lunch there.

• Advertisement

so the general consenus on the program was that it was good but badly done by RTE?

I dunno about the general consenus, but my thoughts were that it was a interesting idea executed terribly by RTE who were worked by the promotion... Which is actually pretty funny if you think about it...

Why, were CPW guys acting as if it was real? I didn't see the start of it, but I saw who I assumed to be Ciarán's father saying that all the guys want to win so they don't go any easier on him. I wouldn't blame him, but surely the CPW guys know that everyone else knows it's not real?!

Advertisement