Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Rig.

Options
  • 18-06-2007 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Guys i'm building a new Core 2 Duo rig (E6600) and my firend has 2 x 7800gtx's for sale + sli connector for 200.

I was thinking of buying them, is 200 good for 2 of these ??

Thanks,
    Barry.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

200 is an ok deal for those, but from what I've read a single 8800GTS 320MB would beat dual 7800GTX in SLI. I would say save another 50 euro and buy the 8800 on ebay instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I would be inclined to agree.

SLi makes sense if you already own a card and find another cheap. The 8800 GTS 320 is a good card and will be somewhat futureproof with its Directx10 capability should you decide to go to Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Although take into account that there is a possibility that it may not actually be able to play DX10 games at a decent speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Although take into account that there is a possibility that it may not actually be able to play DX10 games at a decent speed.

the 8800 ? why do you say that, i have an 8800 and it plays the lost world demo with no slowdown, i know thats not saying much :)

Advertisement