Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright issue on Bebo

Options
  • 18-06-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey all, I was just wondering if any one has had their upload priveleges stopped on a beboband page. I recently started a page for my solo career and shortly after uploading 2 songs they were taken off and Bebo said I had broken their terms of use regarding the copyright end of things. I have all my songs registered with IMRO so I own the exclusive rights to them. I have done a search on the song titles in Google to see if anyone else has them up, but no luck. I emailed Bebo looking for an explanation but they just sent an autoreply type message. After my second attempt they said in their reply that the matter is now closed. At this point I'm not sure what to do, I don't want my account to be cancelled as I would like to be able to use Bebo for my self promotion. Any help on this would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

commie wrote:
    Hey all, I was just wondering if any one has had their upload priveleges stopped on a beboband page. I recently started a page for my solo career and shortly after uploading 2 songs they were taken off and Bebo said I had broken their terms of use regarding the copyright end of things. I have all my songs registered with IMRO so I own the exclusive rights to them. I have done a search on the song titles in Google to see if anyone else has them up, but no luck. I emailed Bebo looking for an explanation but they just sent an autoreply type message. After my second attempt they said in their reply that the matter is now closed. At this point I'm not sure what to do, I don't want my account to be cancelled as I would like to be able to use Bebo for my self promotion. Any help on this would be great.

that is strange.

have you a myspace? and just post the link on bebo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

Hi

I've had my bebo account canceled for copyright infringement. I uploaded a clip from Youtube from the South Park episode "The Wheel Of Fortune One". It's only a couple minutes long. There are tons of vids on bebo from Family Guy etc. and I'm just wondering WTF! It was VERY harsh of them to do this. I emailed them about this and no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭rahim

AntiRip wrote:
    Hi

I've had my bebo account canceled for copyright infringement. I uploaded a clip from Youtube from the South Park episode "The Wheel Of Fortune One". It's only a couple minutes long. There are tons of vids on bebo from Family Guy etc. and I'm just wondering WTF! It was VERY harsh of them to do this. I emailed them about this and no reply yet.

It was probably harsh alright if they didn't give you a warning first, but, if the owners of certain copyrighted material request that it be taken off Bebo, then it has to be taken off, I would have thought Bebo would either delete the content themselves or warn you to delete it though.

OP - That is very strange. Maybe it is something to do with IMRO??? I don't know if it does, but it seems odd that you own the copyright and Bebo are being so short with you just replying that the case is closed.
    Also, thats a good idea lordgoat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

commie wrote:

if your songs are registered with IMRO, they prob own the rights to that recording of your song. im in a band, and we uploaded a cover of buck rodgers by feeder. Hasnt been taken down, as we recorded it ourselves, and it is 'our' version of it. I know you are not allowed to put up the actual recording of the original band, i.e. if we put up buck rodgers from feeder's album, it would have been removed, your songs have been registered with IMRO, id say thay is why they have been removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

if your songs are registered with IMRO, they prob own the rights to that recording of your song. im in a band, and we uploaded a cover of buck rodgers by feeder. Hasnt been taken down, as we recorded it ourselves, and it is 'our' version of it. I know you are not allowed to put up the actual recording of the original band, i.e. if we put up buck rodgers from feeder's album, it would have been removed, your songs have been registered with IMRO, id say thay is why they have been removed

CAn anyone conform if this is right???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

yeah im pretty sure that if you are registered with imro they have issue with you having your music available to download/ listen to freely on myspace or bebo.

I know i read something about this on the Imro website or on downloadmusic has info about this ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

If you do have problems with copyright + bebo music you could
    1. Try signing up for a record label passcode at http://www.bebo.com/RecordLabelRegister.jsp
    This means you'd get full upload privelages, official sign under your band profile pic and feature-ation on the band section. Of course you may get declined.
    2. Contact the bebo music person at http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=422270559 and explain the situation.

Advertisement