Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT due date / Cartell Report

Options
  • 18-06-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have just run a Cartell 2 Star report on a car I am interested in buying.

It says re the NCT:

NCT Due Date: 21-Dec-2004
    NCT Pass Dates: 06-Oct-2004

From this I deduce that the previous owner put it through 2 months early and it passed in October 2004, therefore it was due it's next one in December 2006 (unless cars over 24 years are not due them ;) )

Is there any way to find out before viewing it, if the owner put it through in December 2006 as if so it must have failed due to it not being reported here.

I know the current driver doesn't / can't drive and that the tax expired 28-Feb-2006 so would that be a logical reason why it wasn't tested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you could, theoretically enter the cars registration number and registration date (21st December 19XX) into the NCTS website and see what comes up

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

Thanks for that advice.

It comes up with the previous owner and the October 2004 date as the last test date and Pass.

I presume that means that as it was off the road it didn't have another test or fail.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think if it had failed since, it would show on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What happened is, that it had the NCT that was due in December 2002 in October 2004, and hasn't done one since.

Who registers a car on the 21st of December anyway???

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

The date of it's first registration in the UK was 22 December 1982 (as it is an import) - if it was over here it would have been "Sure we'll do it after Christmas !" :D

That explains why it's due NCT date was 21 December 2004 and it did it earlier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement