Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video to DVD

• 18-06-2007 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to convert a video to DVD. I'm trying to find what options I have for getting done this quickly/reliably without paying an arm in a leg.

Anyone advise a business they've dealt with before?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

where u based, if based in galway i'l do it free of charge all you need to do is supply media

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

This crowd are good:

www.fitz2DVD.com based in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I can do it cheaply if you still need it done. I'm based in Dublin.

What's the running time of the video you need converted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm based in Dublin. Not sure how long it is .. it's a wedding video - how long are they usually?

How cheap is cheap? Want it done well also on a high quality DVD thta will last :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ciaranfo wrote:
    I'm based in Dublin. Not sure how long it is .. it's a wedding video - how long are they usually?

How cheap is cheap? Want it done well also on a high quality DVD thta will last :)

What do you want done with it? Straight forward transfer to DVD, or editing, cutting out the out of focus, pointing at the ground etc? Straight transfer is cheap enough, editing is going to get a bit pricier. Also be handy to know how long the tape runs for , whether you need a D/layer disk or an ordinary one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Hi Ciaranfo, (used to seeing you on the mobile forum)... It can be done quite eaily using a DVD hard disk recorder... if any of your mates has one or maybe you'd consider getting one your self...If you want I can do it for you..I'm in Kildare area..Pm me if you like.. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm just looking for a straight forward copy of what's on the video tape to a DVD. Is this something I could maybe do myself at home even?

I have a TV Card with a coax in for my NTL on my PC. I have a DVD burner on my PC? I have a video player machine thingy ..

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭setanta74

I transferred 7 hours of VHS to DVD recently and it cost me €60
    basically its €20 per 3hr tape.

Quality was top notch but its a no frills operation with basic hard case cover and not much in the way of menu's etc.

It took 7 days from the day I sent the tapes to when I received them back.

video2dvd.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

ciaranfo wrote:
    I'm just looking for a straight forward copy of what's on the video tape to a DVD. Is this something I could maybe do myself at home even?

I have a TV Card with a coax in for my NTL on my PC. I have a DVD burner on my PC? I have a video player machine thingy ..

I got one of them ALDI dvd player/recorder about a year back, the thing was hooked up to another TV in the house and used for playing DVD's on the odd ocassion. We also have a VCR player hooked up to another tv, so the thought occured to me.....hook the DVD burner up to the VCR player, play a tape in the VCR and record whats being played onto DVD...

It worked, great quality, pretty eased to figure out!

I got one of them VCR to DVD cable thingys from Aldi where you can hook the VCR up to the PC, but you need a pretty good graphics and sound card.

Aldi have them DVD player/burner from time to time, I think they're only about €30/€40, might be worn picking up as you can do your own bits and pieces then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DerekP11

Aldi/Lidl had the DVD recorders alright, but they weren't 30 or 40 quid. More like 200 quid, which is still cheap. Grand for straight forward transfers, but if you want menus and all that larky, then its the PC and a print job in Trend for best results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I will do this for you for €20, if you want a menu and stuff it will be a bit more though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

DerekP11 wrote:
    Aldi/Lidl had the DVD recorders alright, but they weren't 30 or 40 quid. More like 200 quid, which is still cheap. Grand for straight forward transfers, but if you want menus and all that larky, then its the PC and a print job in Trend for best results.

You sure it was that expensive? Perhaps they were when they came out first but I think the Aldi one was pretty cheap. It allows you to do menu's, scene selections, titles, etc etc.........grand job! :D

Advertisement