Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the love of God, Please help

Options
  • 18-06-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

Religion. Notice the irony in the title? :p

Anyway seriously, please anyone doing this exam tell me where to start and what is going to come up.

I have the trad sob story of a sh*t *ss teacher etc, but going to try and put some work in.

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Pfft.Religion isn't a real subject.

*Floats out of topic*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Pray?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Spout complete nonsense, should guarantee an A+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Pfft.Religion isn't a real subject.
    Suppose the church have to make some effort to try and regain some power in Irish society. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Back on topic, if at all possible please ;)

I really did have the most incompetent teacher about.. anyone doing this exam at all with any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Eddie Ere wrote:
    Back on topic, if at all possible please ;)

I really did have the most incompetent teacher about.. anyone doing this exam at all with any tips?
    *Floats back into topic*

So far CSON has provided the best advice......

*Floats back out of topic*

Stop floating! :D

And I think Smellyirishman has the best advice so far, I'm hoping it works..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Just answer every question with "because God made it that way", or if it's about a religion other than Christianity(or the preferrend religion you'd like to give a bias to), "that is just a ridiculous and totally untrue concept", "There is only one God" etc.

And use the bible to back yourself up.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Just answer every question with "because God made it that way", or if it's about a religion other than Christianity(or the preferrend religion you'd like to give a bias to), "that is just a ridiculous and totally untrue concept", "There is only one God" etc.

So in short; be blasphemous? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

JC 2K3 wrote:

Or don't as the case may be.

Is there really a serious exam in this for the LC. Or is it a complete joke like CSPE?

• Advertisement

obl wrote:
    Or don't as the case may be.

Is there really a serious exam in this for the LC. Or is it a complete joke like CSPE?

Very serious. And a hell of a lot of stuff to learn.

But apparently they are handing out the A's because so little take it as an exam subject.

Here's hoping..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Just draw a picture of an Arab and write "Lol, Muslims", then hand it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Just draw a picture of an Arab and write "Lol, Muslims", then hand it up.
    lol, ok, new game. The challenge is to complete all the steps, if you succeed, I take my hat off to you.

step 1. convince an invigilator to let you take religion tomorrow.

step 2. Write whatever you like in the answer book, blasphemous as you like. But it must be bad enough to actually merit -10 points for your LC.

I wonder how a priest would do in the exam....

Q: The alter boy is 'dis-robing' in the sacristy after mass. What happens next? (20 Marks).

/Im a bad bad bastard.

Stop hijacking my help thread with priest molestation innuendos... immediately! :mad:

Let us pray;

Come children, let us pray to god that he may grant Eddie Ere the courage he needs to see him through this difficult time. We remember those that have gone before us. We draw strength from the 40 days and 40 nights our lord spent in the desert in hunger, misery and torture, and ask you lord to give a gentle religion paper tomorrow. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

cson wrote:
    I wonder how a priest would do in the exam....

Q: The alter boy is 'dis-robing' in the sacristy after mass. What happens next? (20 Marks).

/Im a bad bad bastard.
    hahahahahahaa!!!! brilliant! you are goin straight to hell...

cson wrote:
    Let us pray;

Come children, let us pray to god that he may grant Eddie Ere the courage he needs to see him through this difficult time. We remember those that have gone before us. We draw strength from the 40 days and 40 nights our lord spent in the desert in hunger, misery and torture, and ask you lord to give a gentle religion paper tomorrow. Amen.

Religion paper is on Thursday!

But thanks anyway for religiously advocating your luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Jealousy/Avarice is a dead certain this year.
    Be able to spot the seven signs of possession and the method of exorcism. Make sure your able to give 3 reasons why the Inquisition was a good idea, and the usuals like Hail Mary, etc. and the oul "Evolution is bull****" topics ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Eddie Ere wrote:
    But apparently they are handing out the A's because so little take it as an exam subject.

Here's praying..

Fixed! :D

• Advertisement

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    Jealousy/Avarice is a dead certain this year.
    Be able to spot the seven signs of possession and the method of exorcism. Make sure your able to give 3 reasons why the Inquisition was a good idea, and the usuals like Hail Mary, etc. and the oul "Evolution is bull****" topics ...

You said wha? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CosaFada

Basically wou need to know the whole search for meaning and values book for pat one,but the philosophers/sophists etc. have come up both years for that question and in the sample,could be a trend??
    For part 2 you have to do 2 questions, im doing world religions and morality.morality could be major waffle (ie. abortion etc.) or it could be fairly fact based (eg.kohlsbergs theory.) so you cant really take a chance.
    world religions i find quite difficult theres a lot in there (islam, christianity, primal religions, cults, sects, the holy).
    Then section 3 is where I pretty much dunno whats gonna happen!You have to answer one question out of 4 so Im just hoping ill be able to answer one!I think religion and science and the irish experience are two of the topics there!
    So basically study it all!Theres very little choice in the exam unless youve got all the topics prepared,which i dont!!

CosaFada wrote:
    Basically wou need to know the whole search for meaning and values book for pat one,but the philosophers/sophists etc. have come up both years for that question and in the sample,could be a trend??
    For part 2 you have to do 2 questions, im doing world religions and morality.morality could be major waffle (ie. abortion etc.) or it could be fairly fact based (eg.kohlsbergs theory.) so you cant really take a chance.
    world religions i find quite difficult theres a lot in there (islam, christianity, primal religions, cults, sects, the holy).
    Then section 3 is where I pretty much dunno whats gonna happen!You have to answer one question out of 4 so Im just hoping ill be able to answer one!I think religion and science and the irish experience are two of the topics there!
    So basically study it all!Theres very little choice in the exam unless youve got all the topics prepared,which i dont!!

Thank you for your cotribution. I really am scared, with an entire course to learn in the next day and a half, it's not looking good.

However I live in hope for a complete waffle of an exam to await me. :cool:

Im with ya on that!lol:rolleyes:
    Does any1 have any info on the just war theory because Ive feeling I supposed to know what it is but unfortunately I dont!
    Eddie Ere:
    What sections did you cover for the exam?im not sure I have enough done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

Leaving Certificate 2007 Higher Level Religion

answer any one question

Question one
    How do we Know God exists?

Answer
    Because it would be too hard to fool that many people

end of exam

BLANK PAGE

A1

CosaFada wrote:
    Im with ya on that!lol:rolleyes:
    Does any1 have any info on the just war theory because Ive feeling I supposed to know what it is but unfortunately I dont!
    Eddie Ere:
    What sections did you cover for the exam?im not sure I have enough done!

Hey there. Never looked at war theory myself but to be honest it looks a bit jazzy* to me.. :D

I'm doing Search for meaning and Values (core question, has to be done); Plato
    Socrates
    Augustin of Hippo
    and Réne Descartes.

Hoping that should cover me for that question.

Then Christinity: Origins and Contemporary Expressions I am doing;
    Passion of the Christ (A Contemporary question better come up :D )
    Then a quick going over of the Ceili De, Lutheranism and Vatican2.

For Morality I'm banking on a vague question to come up so I can jump into Death Penalty/Abortion and completely Waffle my ass off. Just talk about Euthanasia or that sort of jazz*. ;)

For Science and Religion; Galileo (Copernican theory) and Darwins Theory of Evolution.

Jazz* = Bullsh*t

What have you done for it?

Now off to learn it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I must say that that actually sounds quite interesting - your opinions on the course?

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    I must say that that actually sounds quite interesting - your opinions on the course?

Well to be honest I haven't had the chance to become fond of it or get into it. The class involved listening to a teacher talk whilst sat in silence bored to tears. His way of teaching was...pathetic I suppose.

Anyway, I probably would have really enjoyed it if it had not been left to these last two days to realise what it actually involved. So basically a pain in the rectum at this stage :D

Wohooo, it's over, it's over!!

Not a bad paper to be honest, some iffy bits but was nice and jazzy.. :D

• Advertisement

I was just really frustrated by the lack of choice andthe lack of time!!I dont remember any of them being a problem in the pres!!Oh well its all done and dusted now!thank God!!lol:rolleyes: geddit?haha

Advertisement