Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering & Construction Projects

• 18-06-2007 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭

Anybody got any images of theirs? I'm interested in seeing the different designs accross the country! How did you find it doing them, easy / hard ?

Here's mine for Engineering; I'm not putting up my Contruction one, its just... Cr*p. :rolleyes: I was pretty happy with my engineering one though, got stuck in from day one and it works perfectly :) And I did a 35 Page brief too that looked well IMO.

dsc00002rg3.th.jpg
    dsc00056bl5.th.jpg
    dsc00016xj0.th.jpg

Hj

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 JimMM

why does it look like its at home?
    working on it outside of school? :p
    looks good mate.:)

here is my construction project:

http://img353.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20070528nob210045za1.jpg

will upload the pics of my engo tmoz :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I built a fully functional electric guitar for my construction studies....theres a whole photo album of it on my bebo page. http:\\one-two-screw-you.bebo.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Cool stuff there guys! I thought there would be more pictures, Ive seen a few pop up else where.

Anyone got any images of their Engineering project?

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

what do you have to make for eng/construction?

Engineering(HL), We had to make a Table-Tennis ball shooter. Had to release balls periodically, indicate when no balls remain and be able to hold 10 balls at a time. Thats pretty much it. And them images in my first post is what I came up with and constructed from scratch. Alot of brasing/welding involved :(

Construction studies? Pretty much anything :L Although from what all our CS teachers told us, to get full marks they want us to build something in relation to the construction course. For eg, A Lean-To roof, A house including all details etc.. I don't know how true this is.

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

80019034iz1.th.jpg
    18804174bn7.th.jpg

There's mine.

Ooo.. thats a pretty interesting idea. How did it work out for you ?

Hj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Worked out well in the end, fires them pretty far. I use an LDR in that pipe to detect no remaining balls. It was hard to position the wooden & plastic guides beside the firing arm to make sure it didn't fling out of place or get caught but I got it after a bit of tweaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Joey38429923013

my engineering project

prety simple design nd had some time to kill so i made the ball holder the way it is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DJC Barry

roast wrote: »
    I built a fully functional electric guitar for my construction studies....theres a whole photo album of it on my bebo page. http:\\one-two-screw-you.bebo.com
    Making an electric guitar too and would really appreciate help with my portfolio.Is there anyway you could send copy of yours.Mine is due monday and not sure what to write for parts of it .:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It was actually due yesterday.
    Do your own exam work.
    Zombie thread closed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

DJC Barry infracted for an ill-advised abusive PM to a mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement