Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Do I Surf Using Meteor And A Palm E2?

• 18-06-2007 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm really hoping that someone can help me.

I have a Palm Tungsten E2 and I would like to connect the internet using Meteor's GPRS ISP.

I have checked with Meteor and I am set up for GPRS ISP on my SIM card. Since they did this I have been unable to use the WAP browser on my phone, so that makes sense?

However I don't know what to enter into the settings into the Palm.

I have read Meteor's guide to setting up Windows to use Meteor ISP, but those settings don't seem to work on the Palm, perhaps because it is a different OS?

I am using a Motorola RAZR V3i.

I don't think this topic has been covered before as I have tried a lot of searches, but if it has, even if someone can just point me to the thread, I would be very very grateful.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the only settings on my n70 for the meteor isp are:

connection name:meteor web
    data bearer: packet data
    access point name (APN): isp.mymeteor.ie
    username:my
    prompt password:no
    password:isp
    authentication:normal
    homepage:http://wap.mymeteor.ie

network type:ipv4
    phone IP address:automatic
    name servers:automatic
    proxy server address:none
    proxy port number:0

no it doesn't make sense that activating the isp APN on the account stopped the wap APN working unless you changed something on the phone. they can bothe be active at the same time

does the palm have any options that aren't covered there or is it missing some that are there?

and is it a palm or a v3i you're using

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

It is a Palm Tungsten E2, I'm not sure how to GPRS surf on the V3i!!!

The Palm asks different questions though...

In the meantime I bought a piece of software called MobileHiSpeed which is supposed to take care of all the settings for you...unfortunately I'm still in trouble.

MoHiSp feel this is because my SIM, a prepay, is not GPRS enabled. Meteor say it is.

I don't know who to believe here, because Meteor were convinced my PDA was a phone and it took a visit to one of their shops to convince them as an organization that it wasn't.

These are the settings that MoHiSp created:
    Username: My
    Password: Meteor
    [If you create the connection manually, it also asks for a phone number here, although this seems blocked out by MoHiSp. The phone number Meteor supplied me with was *99***1#. There is apparently a different phone number to be used with Nokia phones, for some reason according to them.]
    Connection Type: PPP
    Idle Timeout: Never
    Query DNS: [checked]
    IP Address: Automatic

[You then, if you are creating the connection manually tap a button marked "script" and this is what MoHiSp put here}
    MHS4:
    Wait for OK
    MHS1:
    Wait for OK
    MHS2:
    MHS3:
    MHS5:
    MHS6:
    Wait for CONNECT
    Delay:2
    MHS8:
    MHS9:
    Delay:1
    End

I appreciate this is probably some kind of proprietary script and the MHS commands represent commands created by the Mobile Hi Speed program.

However they may ring bells with others, or indeed someone else on the boards may be using the program as well, as it obviously has a lot of Irish users...all Irish networks are covered by the program.

The program created 2 new connection profiles on my phone:
    MoHiSp Phone and MoHiSp Data. It uses the latter to connect to the internet.

Using this program, I feel some degree of progress is made, because the "GPRS active" comes up on my phone. However I get an error message:
    "Cannot find Requested Page the page you requested cannot be displayed. The web site you are trying to access my be temporarily unavailable or the url you entered cannot be> resolved. Please check that you correctly entered the URL or try again later."

I'm hoping that someone has already done all this, either manually or through Mobile High Speed.

I also went on the Motorola website which contains a page to get a text sent to "enable java applications to use the internet". I got this text and installed it. This created a new connection on the phone Meteor Web.

So now instead of getting Error 412, this page cannot be displayed, like I was since Meteor set up GPRS, I get "Data Server Not Available". Is this progress? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cb750

FWIW
    I use Meteor Pre-pay (various phones) and iPAQ
    Try the following:
    Username: my
    Password: isp

and *99# as the dial up

In pocket windows there are advanced settings and in there you can add something called the "extra dial-string modem command"
    I haven't got my head around how it works ( I fear life is too short ;) for all that ) you can add:
    AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ISP.MYMETEOR.IE"

and it gets weirder when I use a Sony Ericsson V600I that command is the letter Z by itself
    or Z+CGDCONT=1,"IP","ISP.MYMETEOR.IE"

I've ended up with lots of different settings to use, depending on network and handset I'm using at that time.

Some help I hope.
    Patrick

Advertisement