Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am i chating - will i lose?

Options
  • 18-06-2007 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

ok, i'm 16. just startin to worry about gettin a veichle. i was gong to get a citroen berlingo van. when getting an insurance quote (pretending i was 17) i put down as self employed, in photography. i dont own a business as such. i do make all my money from photography tho. if i done this on my real policy would the insurance company pay out? the reasin i would want to do this is because the insurance is one heck of alot cheaper wen i do thid

paul
    www.paulsnet.org

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

I would think so, I mean, techniccally you don't need any formal recognition to be self employed as a sole trader under your own name. The easiest way to find out is to ring up and ask them.

/edit: obviously you would have to use your real date of birth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Bluenarf wrote:
    ok, i'm 16. just startin to worry about gettin a veichle. i was gong to get a citroen berlingo van. when getting an insurance quote (pretending i was 17) i put down as self employed, in photography. i dont own a business as such. i do make all my money from photography tho. if i done this on my real policy would the insurance company pay out? the reasin i would want to do this is because the insurance is one heck of alot cheaper wen i do thid

paul
    www.paulsnet.org

Ok, simple put..... insurance is based on honesty, you lie, get cheap cover, you crash and seriously hurt someone, they see you've lied, your not covered, your in more trouble now and handing out more than the savings was worth in the 1st place......get proper cover....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

So you are planning to drive uninsured and unlicensed ? I hope you lose....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Bluenarf

but the question that i'm askin IS am i liying? because the primary purpose of the van will be for getting me from a to b for press work, and photography work.

and no. i will be licenced, and insured. why else would i put time and effort into researching all the possible options?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Simple answer: don't lie.

And don't use these forums as a sounding board for your rather silly ideas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement