Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Harbour, Naval Visits. 16/6/07

Options
  • 18-06-2007 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Docked in Galway Harbour for the weekend is the Argentine Sail Traing ship ARA Libertad,
    Irish Naval vessel L.E. Roisin, French Navy Ships Lynx A751 and Guepard A752

All were open to the public for the weekend so i went down and took these and thought i would share with you guys, the docks and the ships have been packed all day and L.E. Roisin left this morning and ARA Libertad is leaving at 07:00am tomorow ( Tuesday ), if im bothered i will go down if you want to see her in full sail?

I hope you like my pictures.

ARA Libertad:
    DSCF2698.jpg

DSCF2682.jpg

DSCF2684.jpg

DSCF2671.jpg

DSCF2672.jpg

DSCF2669.jpg

DSCF2666.jpg

DSCF2664.jpg

DSCF2665.jpg

DSCF2663.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Next up are The French Navy Ships Lynx A751 and Guepard A752:

DSCF2662.jpg

DSCF2689.jpg

And The Pilot Boat Loc Lurgan 2:

DSCF2676.jpg

And now for my personal favourite, L.E. Roisin P51.

DSCF2686.jpg

DSCF2690.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

DSCF2701.jpg

And the Business End of L.E. Roisin:

DSCF2693.jpg

DSCF2692.jpg

Well thats my take on a very busy weekend at Galway Harbour, i hope you like the pictures.

Regards,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Excellent photos.

Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

Did you take any pictures of the Celtic Explorer? (i think its called that). Its moored behind L.E. Roisin in your picture. It belongs to the Geological Survey Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭PanhardPL

Steyr wrote:
    Thank you very much.
    Always a pleasure to see nice photos of ships or planes, so keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Being from Galway Steyr I noticed you forgot to mention why the ARA Libertad was in this part of the world.
    Remember it was Foxford man, Admiral William Brown, that founded the Argentine Navy and that was reason they visit the West.
    Very interesting individual, who fought the French, the Spanish, the Brazilians and Uruguay.
    And for extra piece of trivia, there are over 1,200 streets named after him in Argentina.

Good pics, what camera do you use?

I am not allowed discuss …

I use a Fuji FinepixS5000.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Steyr wrote:
    And now for my personal favourite, L.E. Roisin P51.
    DSCF2692.jpg

Well thats my take on a very busy weekend at Galway Harbour, i hope you like the pictures.

Regards,

David.
    caution turret may rotate without warning.
    lol

should it not read like, Gun might kill someone.

Advertisement