Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem with huawei e220 0n 3 can anyone help?

• 18-06-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I got my 3 modem about a week ago and since I've had it i've had loads of problems.

When I plugged it in first day it refused to automatically set itself up

I finally found the downloadable drivers and software on thier site and downloaded it, When I installed them it found the modem but would not connect to my laptop for some reason, I called the helpline and got some dude on the phone who told me to bring the modem back and ask for a new one as it had obviously failed. I done this and this time the modem connects to my laptop no problem. I proceeded to open the software and after a few mins I got a "Datacard invalid" message followed by a da ding (sound xp makes when it finds a new device) and the modem reset itself.

I plug it out and start again and this time I get online for about ten seconds and the modem does the same thing as if I had disconnected it and plugged it back in again.

Since then it has been doing the same ever since. I have rang the helpline a few times and keep getting promised that I'll get a call from tech support about the matter but surprise surprise I get no call..

Can anyone help me sort this modem out?? I know there are problems with them so I'm hoping someone here might have seen it before and know of a cure. My laptop works fine with a vodafone version of his modem but i do uninstal it every time I try and sort the 3 one out.

Sypthoms again:

Modem seems to reset itself every min or so.

I get a "datacard invalid" message from time to time

Other times it tells me that the connection has failed.

I am running Microsoft XP and as I said ealrlier the vodafone 3g modem works fine on the laptop.

Someone must know..

Thank you for any help recieved..

Darragh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Use a different USB port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've installed it for 6 or 7 different people now including people who've had the "datacard invalid" error. every time, i've found that you need to plug it in and let it do stuff until it appears to stop and then restart. when you do, it'll do the rest of whatever it needs to do and it'll work then. so uninstall it and try that

the connection failed error probably means the service was temporarily down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Thanks for the advice lads, I have tried all of this and the unit still refuses to work. I find it odd that the vodafone version works first time every time and they are exactly the same piece of equipment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I had the same problem. That thing was driving me nuts. When i had it finally installed and detected there was no connection possible (either error 619 [everything could be wrong] or error 633 [modem not found]. I went to the device manager and disabled the CD-ROM part. Since then it's working like a charm.

Except the "broadband" speed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Except the "broadband" speed...

Cheers I'll try that later. Is the broadband speeds good or how do they fare out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

I'm also having fierce problems installing one on my laptop.. have tried every usb port but can get no further than device mgr recognising it as a CD device then a mass storage device then a cd device , over and over again.

How exactly did u manage to disable the Cd part and could you post links to the drivers you got for XP.

I've gotten one of these working for a friend earlier today and its driving me nuts that I cant get mine working.

Advertisement