Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300 not 'seeing' memory card

• 18-06-2007 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

I got my secound 6300 from o2 shop in mullingar today .The problem i have is that after about 2 or 3 mins the phone no longer sees the memory card .

If i try to use the memory card it says 'Memory card removed ' .If i reboot the phone it is there again for another few mins .

I asked in the shop and they said there were no known issues with this phone but a quick google reveals it as quite a widespread problem.They said they would get another from a differentg store but i wonder will this be the same as the others i have tried.

Is there any body on here that has got a 6300 in the last week or so that has this problem or even one that actually works

I like the phone but i dont want to be going in and out to swap phones.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i've seen this and it seemed to be a problem with the memory card. the card would only be recognised for about a minute so i swapped it for a different one and it didn't disappear as quickly, by which i mean it didn't disappear in the ten minutes or so that i had the phone in front of me. i can't confirm that it permanently fixed the problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

According to the nokia site forums it seems to be a hardware problem with a reistor in the memory card reader .

There are posts on there from all over europe first mention i found was from early May and there are 16 pages of posts in one thread .

There does not seem to be any official replys to the posts on the problem

Advertisement