Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DN050 - BA Comp Science - Can ya take Comp Science as a minor?

Options
  • 18-06-2007 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Some of you know that I've finished stage 1 of this course and am finishing takin a year out, and I'm headin back into stage 2 in September.

I've to decide what shape I want the degree to take now.....

The options are (a) single subject major, (b) major/minor, and (c) joint major

I presume I can take Computer Science as the major (b), with my other subject (History) as the minor, but can I take it the other way around? ie. Maj: History, Min: Comp Science ?

Cheers

(I've been bothering the programme office continuously for the past year, so wanna ask here before I go askin them this!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I had the sheet given to us at the start of the year, but I've losted it....I think I remember it being an option, but I could be completely wrong.
    If you don't want to bother the programme office, I'd say email John Dunnion (John.Dunnion-at-ucd.ie) as he's the head of the BA Comp Sci programme. I would imagine he'll be able to help you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cheers boss!

Advertisement