Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American/Australian work visas

Options
  • 18-06-2007 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

does anyone know if it's possible to get a working visa for america or australia if you've been convicted of drink driving? or does it only matterif you have a criminal conviction like for drugs or something? curious :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to Abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

USA - no idea.
    Australia - yes (you can get visa for DD), but takes longer to process, and also you may be reduced points if your looking for a skilled visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

dont think you can get a visa for US with any record. they are very strict. Its hard to go to the states even on a holiday if you have a record apparently, have heard that you must go for an interview for the visit. could be bull though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciara_mcg

does anyone know how you go about getting a work visa for america??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

check here: http://dublin.usembassy.gov/index.html

first port of call for your visa,just gone through the process myself and got the visa on thursday.was a long time from applying to getting it.around 4 months in total

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciara_mcg

4 months?? wow!! well i better get my skates on so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saoranach

Im a student, I should be finishing my degree this year. How hard is it to get a US work visa, is it just a question of applying etc or are they picky about giving out wok visas?

Thanks

Advertisement