Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car safety at airport

Options
  • 18-06-2007 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭

hi
    does anyone have suggestions as to which carpark is safer at Dublin airport, i.e the quick park one or the long term DAA one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

or the long term DAA one?
    There are 3 seperate DAA Long Term Car Parks (Red, Blue and Green). In my opinion, the Red is the safest but it depends which zone you park in Zone D is probably the safest).

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Haven't heard anything definitive either way, but I've used both and never had any trouble.

QuickPark tends to fill up quicker though, even though it's only a quid cheaper now, as opposed to the 3 quid cheaper it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

There are 3 seperate DAA Long Term Car Parks (Red, Blue and Green). In my opinion, the Red is the safest but it depends which zone you park in Zone D is probably the safest).

very specific wishbone!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CasimiR

very specific wishbone!
    Parked in QuickPark myself numerous times; never had a problem

great thanks for that 1 and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the Quick Park is 7.50 a day now, i think the DAA one is 7 euro (saw a billboard sign going theough arrivals, most bizzare place to be advertising the car park..)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I left the car in the Green car park for the first weekend in May and forgot to lock it! Came back to find all ok! :D Of course, nobody's going to break into my yoke (Trajet)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Wow a Trajet? Hard core.

colm_mcm wrote:
    the Quick Park is 7.50 a day now, i think the DAA one is 7 euro (saw a billboard sign going theough arrivals, most bizzare place to be advertising the car park..)

according to the daa website it's 8 per day and the quickpark is 7..

I got charged 22.50 in quick park for 3 days earlier in the week. also definately saw an ad for DAA for 7 a day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

When I last used the car parks, which was maybe a couple of months ago now, it was €7.50/day for Quick Park and €8.50/day for the airport ones.

the plot thickens......

it does indeed.. once the car will be ok i dont mind too much

yep the websites have been updated to the 7.50 and 8.50 fees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

just left the car in Red car park for 11 days in D zone and no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Lex Luthor wrote:
    just left the car in Red car park for 11 days in D zone and no problems

I've used Quickpark and the DAA loads of times without any difficulty. I prefer the QP for price, and the shuttle bus seems more frequent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

DAA - €8.50
    Quickpark - €7.50

I parked in quickpark before and other than the hassle of getting one of the shuttle buses and damaging my front bumper on the very high kerb, I had no security worries

In my opinion the Red is the safest but the problem is that you do not always have a choice especially if the DAA staff are dirverting traffic entering the Red to the Blue or Green. When they are diverting, they will ask you how long you intend staying. If you don't wish to be diverted just tell them that you haven't a clue when you are returning and they will usually allow you to enter the Red.

(Then enter Zone D. It's rarely open but you can enter via its exit point at the far side. Safest Zone and also first stop on return ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭alias no.9

My brother left his keys in the door of his car when heading away for a few days. Half way through his holiday he realised his mistake, gave me a call. I went out found a note saying the airport police had the keys. The car wasn't worth much, but that's not often enough of a deterrent, it's surely worth more than the €8.50 at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

fletch wrote:
    DAA - €8.50
    Quickpark - €7.50

I parked in quickpark before and other than the hassle of getting one of the shuttle buses and damaging my front bumper on the very high kerb, I had no security worries

Wow, a 50% increase for Quickpark. It was €5 per day last year. The competition needs some competition methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I was thinking that, not such a great incentive to park there any more, methinks. Although their bus service was better than the DAA car park.

alias no.9 wrote:
    The car wasn't worth much, but that's not often enough of a deterrent, it's surely worth more than the €8.50 at the gate.
    The €8.50 is irrelevant because would be thieves would have to have a ticket in the first place. If a car is stolen from the LTCP it is usually stolen to order for a bank robbery etc. The thieves merely steal any old car outside, drive in to obtain a ticket and then drive away in the M5 etc. A ticket can be used to exit, without charge, for the first hour or so and after that it's only going to cost them €8.50 anyway.

Advertisement