Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGB forum needs to change it's name.

Options
  • 18-06-2007 10:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

This has to change. I was banned from the LGBT forum for "Ranting" - because I'd had enough of the mods there making excuses for their blatant ignorance of the integrity of the T as apart of the LGBT.

This has gone too far. It is nothing now but an assault. I have no doubt that this will be met with personal attacks - if you don't listen to me, I won't hesitate to contact whatever relevant organisation I can find to turn their noses up as you.

It's a disgrace. I don't know of any other forum of it's type that labels itsself as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual. If you're naming it along those lines, it should be LGBT. I don't care if it's in the charter. The name is what matters. Anytime I've tried to get them to change it, I've been met with nothing but personal criticism. No valid reasoning as to why the name continually excludes transgenders.

And it should change, now. It is not my personal issue. it does not matter who is asking for this. It should be done, if the mods of that forum care about keeping up with the rest of the world.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

a roze by any other name would want to chop it's testicles off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Someone please give this chick a serious deep dickin.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Go start your own forum with transgender blackjack and transgender hookers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Rozie wrote:
    if you don't listen to me, I won't hesitate to contact whatever relevant organisation I can find to turn their noses up as you.

I'd say with your attitude, they will only be too happy to jump in on your crusade, particularly with your polite and mannerly way of asking for things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

No cat picture Mordeth? A perfectly valid thread for an immediate cat attack and all. You sicken me...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

All I've seen from you is mindless rants. Nobody is going to give a damn about what you think when you yourself come across as an insecure psychopath. At least that is the only impression I've been left with after reading anything from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

IF you want a Trans forum then request one.

You or the Admins can not demand that a community on boards be forced to change the name of thier forum.

Each of the forums with in boards.ie is a small comunity with in the larger comunity of the site.

The community in the LBG forum had this discussion already and the proposal was turned down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

God Rozie, you're such a dick. You've become the very thing you hate.

/me wonders how many reported post reports will be made of this thread cos that would be the wise thing to do rather then bitchslaping people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Guys, what did I say? That you were far too incompetent to give me a fair reply and would settle for idiotic personal attacks or unbacked criticism of my previous posts. And that's exactly what you've done.

It does not ****ing matter what you think of my testicles. The name should be changed. I have never in my life in the history of all the internet's dumbass glory seen a forum that is so lenient on people flooded valid topics with irrelevant attacks yet ban anyone who attacks someone for a good reason.

None of what is posted above this, including my post, matters.

The name needs to be changed.
    Thaedydal wrote:
    IF you want a Trans forum then request one.

You or the Admins can not demand that a community on boards be forced to change the name of thier forum.

Each of the forums with in boards.ie is a small comunity with in the larger comunity of the site.

The community in the LBG forum had this discussion already and the proposal was turned down.

Doesn't matter. They should change it. If they had a discussion already, then they're so incredibly incompetent that even after discussing it they can't come to a decent conclusion.

No other forum worth it's salt would exclude the T. It is a disgrace and reflects badly on this country and especially this forum. You should all be ashamed.

It needs to be changed. Now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Self hating? Rozie? Never!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Hugged too much or not enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Rozie wrote:

Why?

Rozie wrote:
    Doesn't matter. They should change it. If they had a discussion already, then they're so incredibly incompetent that even after discussing it they can't come to a decent conclusion.

No other forum worth it's salt would exclude the T. It is a disgrace and reflects badly on this country and especially this forum. You should all be ashamed.

All the other forums are like that is not a good enough reason.
    Boards.ie has always gone it's own way and set it's own standards.

You need better arguments then that.

And insulting the members of the community in that forum will not endear them to changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It is a disgrace and reflects badly on this country

Yes. I can imagine it now. Ban Ki-Moon will be calling for Ireland's expulsion from the UN tomorrow, I'm sure.
    and especially this forum. You should all be ashamed.

Why, because it followed a vaguely democratic process? The suggestion was floated, it's relative pros and cons discussed and the community and site owners decided that a change wasn't nessecary. So really what your saying is that people should be ashamed that their community didn't kowtow to your demands? Perhaps we should add Meglomania to the forum description too!

Rozie wrote:
    This is absolutely unforgivable. Thew LGB forum should BE the Trans forum, and you know well any petition coming from me will never go through.

so you have stated your demand again and you have still failed to offer any arguements for the change other then I want it and all the rest are that way.
    Rozie wrote:
    It is a complete disgrace that not only would you refuse to change the name, but you'd dump my efforts at getting it changed and mark them as insane banter.

I am not I have asked you for better arguement and am willing to try and engage rationally on this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Thaedydal, you have the patience of a saint, but look at what is being written.
    If you analyse the posts here it is not simply a rant or even the ravings of a lunatic, it is an effort to get people up in arms. An uber-troll if you will.
    I dont think Rozie is insane at all, I think its a very clever attempt to get people riled, and it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rozie wrote:
    I've been met with nothing but personal criticism.
    You don't discuss. You come along with a "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" attitude, so of course you'll be met with a hostile reaction.
    Rozie wrote:
    It is not my personal issue.
    No, its your fúcking personal crusade.
    Rozie wrote:
    Guys, what did I say?
    You moan about us generalizing you, yet you think that all the posters so far are guys?
    Rozie wrote:
    None of what is posted above this, including my post, matters.
    Glad you agree with us that you're talking ****e.
    Rozie wrote:
    No other forum worth it's salt would exclude the T.
    No other foum would disallow Illinois Nazis have a forum. WHats the point?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

In keeping with inclusion, we the mods propose a name change to

LGBACDEFHIJKMNOPQRSUVWXYZ issues. That's all the letters covered, right so everyone's happy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Rozie wrote:
    Guys, what did I say? That you were far too incompetent to give me a fair reply and would settle for idiotic personal attacks or unbacked criticism of my previous posts. And that's exactly what you've done.

It's tough, isn't it Rozie, when everyone is wrong but you? Funny though, that it always seems to be only you who's right on a huge variety of topics. One could surmise that it's in fact you who's consistently wrong, and not everyone else. One could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

You've already said you're leaving the country, and hate it and so on in that recent thread on AH, from previous threads, and from your attitude on this one, you obviously have a disliking for boards.ie in the first place. Why should:

a) You want this done? You don't like anyone here from the sounds of it!

b) Anyone do this for you? All you do is troll and cause hassle!

ixoy wrote:
    In keeping with inclusion, we the mods propose a name change to

LGBACDEFHIJKMNOPQRSUVWXYZ issues. That's all the letters covered, right so everyone's happy.

Theres still no T.

the_syco wrote:
    No other foum would disallow Illinois Nazis have a forum. WHats the point?

Now there's a forum we sorely need. Illinois Nazis.

I'm going to suggest that now...

Faith wrote:
    One could surmise that it's in fact you who's consistently wrong, and not everyone else. One could.

That kind of logic has been brought up in answer to Rozie's rants many times, but Rozie and logic are mortal enemies and will never, ever see eye to eye.

Jumpy wrote:
    Thaedydal, you have the patience of a saint, but look at what is being written.
    If you analyse the posts here it is not simply a rant or even the ravings of a lunatic, it is an effort to get people up in arms. An uber-troll if you will.
    I dont think Rozie is insane at all, I think its a very clever attempt to get people riled, and it works perfectly.

No, she's fairly insane alright.

Jumpy wrote:
    Theres still no T.
    *slow clap*

Stark wrote:
    No, she's fairly insane alright.

I honestly dont think so.

Wait, what the? Is the seconds sort not functioning? My posts are the wrong way around again. I read Karls post about the nazis before typing my last post.

Jumpy wrote:
    Wait, what the? Is the seconds sort not functioning? My posts are the wrong way around again. I read Karls post about the nazis before typing my last post.

It's a glitch in the Matrix. Caused by Rozie's indominatable self-rightiousness.

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote:
    I honestly dont think so.

And I posted this after whinging about the way my posts are posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement